mtbr member

Endurance Cross from the Minuteman

I've put together a really nice 50 mile loop from the minuteman that spans most of the rail trails from Davis Square in Somerville to Carlisle Station to Chelmsford and through Great Brook back home.

Not sure how many people ride cross bikes or road bikes that can do a little dirt, but if anyone wants to join me on this loop, let me know. Of if you just want to ride it yourself, here's the loop:

GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Cool...nice work.

Dan:

Here's a good route for you on the cx bike:

Bike Ride Profile | 67miles near Lexington | Times and Records | Strava

T

mtbr member
    Thank you for this. I have recently completed building up a Santa Cruz Stigmata CX and have been riding in the Fells and Belmont but have been looking for more extended rides. This looks like a good Sunday ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsbike View Post
    Thank you for this. I have recently completed building up a Santa Cruz Stigmata CX and have been riding in the Fells and Belmont but have been looking for more extended rides. This looks like a good Sunday ride.
    I hope you enjoy it. There's definitely a lot of pavement, but you can really eat up some miles and it's pretty cool to get 30 miles away from home in a couple of hours time. Maybe I'll see you out there tomorrow. Trying to get a quick ride in at the LL forest on the MTB since I've been neglecting it and then want to hit this later in the day. Coming back through Billerica and the Minuteman in the dark with lights when it's a little cool after 45 miles is pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by (Tom) View Post
    Dan:

Here's a good route for you on the cx bike:

Bike Ride Profile | 67miles near Lexington | Times and Records | Strava

T
    This looks bad ass. I will definitely do this. There should be a way to incorporate a lot of this into my loop and make one really fun century ride.

mtbr member
    I really wish you could download GPX files from Strava of other people's rides and segments... I don't ride with Strava running and would love to put that track on my GPS device...