Thread: EFTA mtb races

I like to ride my bike.

New question here. EFTA mtb races

Hi,
    Summer o' 06 will be my first year of mtb races. Efta seems to have a lot of good races that are near me. (northeast MA) Anyway, I was planning to do the non technical Bradely Palmer race, Mud in your Eye, Norba MT.Snow (non EFTA) and Landmine. BUT, what happened to Landmine? They had that race in 05.... but no Landmine in 06??

Have you race any of these and if so could you give me a little info on em. Any other ideas about xc races in southern New England? And WHAT HAPPENED TO LANDMINE????

-Thanks
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Check out the Root 66 series. http://www.root66raceseries.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Williams
    Hi,
    Summer o' 06 will be my first year of mtb races. Efta seems to have a lot of good races that are near me. (northeast MA) Anyway, I was planning to do the non technical Bradely Palmer race, Mud in your Eye, Norba MT.Snow (non EFTA) and Landmine. BUT, what happened to Landmine? They had that race in 05.... but no Landmine in 06??

Have you race any of these and if so could you give me a little info on em. Any other ideas about xc races in southern New England? And WHAT HAPPENED TO LANDMINE????

-Thanks
    well, I've done every EFTA race, some more than once, so I can give details.

the Bradley/palmer is ok. not alot of singletrack. some moderate loose terain climbing.short road section.

Mud in Your Eye is very technical race. it was the only race I decided to use my FS bike and was good choice. overall the course is flat but not without interesting sections. moderately undulating throughout but not like Cape cod Trail of Trails. there's rocks and all kinds of stuff. good race.

Landmine is ok. lots of flat double track with one section actually paved. first 1/4 lap is somewhat technical with short tech climb. nice fast turns. great huge downed tree to jump, only could do it in a race! 3 times!

might want to try the Pinnacle in NH. that's a good course. the locals put a great deal of work into the trail system so there's bridges and stuff to get you through the really muddy sections, well not last year. lots of somewhat tech climbing. great plunge at the lap end.

Mt snow. climbing. oh, yeah more climbing. and more climbing. the first 1/2 lap is climbing for long duration with short reprieve then more climbing . the rest is nice long tech downhill then fast decent into resort lodge area then the climbing starts again.

I've done some of the Root66.but I don't as much about them and some are not worth the long trip for what they are. I've heard that Tyler Mill is good technical race. Winstead woods, there might be two different courses in that town but not sure, was a challenging race a few years ago but it's a long way away for me.

Hopbrook was ok but not worth the trip. some non tech climbing with some fields. not bad but it's pretty far.