mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Easy Trails in Southeast MA

Can anyone recommend EASY places to ride?

My wife has expressed a disinterest in mountain biking in the past so I usually go alone or with friends. She prefers paved bike paths and has a Marin hybrid bike.

We recently went to a state forest and did some biking in a closed camp ground. One of the roads led to a pound and she really wanted to go down, But I didn't want to risk popping a tire on our hybrids.

She likes nature and being outdoors so I'd like to find a place we can occasionally ride together. Looking for a place that's fairly flat and COVERED in roots and rocks.

I realize this might be a long shot, but I'm thinking if I can get her to enjoy the easy stuff, maybe it'll lead to more difficult trails as she progresses.

I'm new myself and the only places I've biked are Massasoit in Raynham and Village Park in Swansea. Neither of which I think she'd enjoy. haha

Thanks.
    -derek-

mtbr member
    If you don't mind driving to the Cape, Horse Pond Conservation land in Yarmouth is perfect. Exit 7 south to Higgins Crowell Rd. Miles of buff single track
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Destruction Brook in Dartmouth is quite easy. Mostly wider doubletrack, some singletrack. Not a lot of rocks, but there are some rooty sections. About 8 miles of trail and mostly flat. Scenic and quiet as well.

Destruction_Brook_Woods

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Good call on that Jay. When we were in the area this summer I went there a couple of times with my wife after riding with you and she really enjoyed it. Hope you have had a good season and I look forward to connecting up again.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    Destruction Brook in Dartmouth is quite easy. Mostly wider doubletrack, some singletrack. Not a lot of rocks, but there are some rooty sections. About 8 miles of trail and mostly flat. Scenic and quiet as well.

Destruction_Brook_Woods

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    thanks for the replies. I'm located in Taunton, so Dartmouth is easy and the cape is doable with a little planning.

By any chance does anyone know of a shop that accepts trade-ins or buys and sells used bikes in the area?

I just picked up a new bike and have a 2 month old hardrock sport disc I'd like to trade in and get a mountain bike for the wife.

Thanks again for the info

mtbr member
    Rocky Gutter in Middleborough is nearby. I can't think of a flatter or easier place to ride.

Rocky_Gutter