mtbr member
    Jul 2010

In Eastham for the week - where to ride?

Hey guys, I'll be in Eastham this week and am hoping to do some mountain biking while I'm here. I know there's Nickerson and Trail of Tears close by. Not sure if there is anything else around. Anyone want to make me a recommendation on where I should ride or maybe even show me around at one of the trail networks?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    what week are you there? nickerson is my fave of all cape riding spots. eastham/welfleet has bunches of good riding too.

rog

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm in Eastham this week (23rd through the 26th). Looks like it might rain on Thursday the 26th.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    talk to doug at orleans cycle. there's a group that rides tuesday nights at 530 or 6 and a group that rides on wednesday nights at 530 from little cliff pond parking lot (i'm pretty sure, check with doug). nickerson is awesome and those two groups can show you the goods.

i won't be down till 4th of july weekend or i'd show you around.

enjoy!

rog

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nickerson is great but Yarmouth is where it's at. I can give you the grand tour of either one if you like.

mtbr member
    I you're looking for someone to ride with, post a note here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/211078219081530/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yarmouth does have a ton of trail. still miss the old great trails north of 6 back in the day.

gone.

rog

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I will be down on the Cape from the 26th-7th and interested in riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I will be down on the Cape from the 26th-7th and interested in riding.
    i'll tour you around if ya want. how bout the cape cod off road 50 miler? trail o tears and otis connected by many smaller conservation areas and ancient ways in one big loop. used to do them a few times a year and would lead either that ride or a 100 mile road ride on new year day each year.

i'll be down from the 4th through the 7th.

rog

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    i'll tour you around if ya want. how bout the cape cod off road 50 miler? trail o tears and otis connected by many smaller conservation areas and ancient ways in one big loop. used to do them a few times a year and would lead either that ride or a 100 mile road ride on new year day each year.

rog
    Sure, but at the pace that I ride east coast singletrack, I'll be out there all night

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sure, but at the pace that I ride east coast singletrack, I'll be out there all night
    i'll be on my 33 pound fatbike so i won't be in too much of a hurry. 5 1/2 to 6 hours on that bike. lots of climbing, but in small short punchy doses. especially the finishing stretch in the sandwich heartbreakers

or we can do a shorter ride

rog

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    i'll be on my 33 pound fatbike so i won't be in too much of a hurry. 5 1/2 to 6 hours on that bike. lots of climbing, but in small short punchy doses. especially the finishing stretch in the sandwich heartbreakers

or we can do a shorter ride

rog
    I'd love to ride with you and get to know the trails out there better. Can ride until I fall apart.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    trail o tears was my backyard and i cut a bunch of it some 20+ years. we could ride there.

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'd love to ride with you and get to know the trails out there better. Can ride until I fall apart.
    right on. yarmouth would be great too. ride right from main street in hyannis and hop in at sandy pond rec area and hit up that up through to exit 7, bushwood, auto mile, 18 holes, the wall, south 6, and towards camp greenough if you haven't had enough at that point. then back to main street for coffee/treats

rog

pedlr
    Apr 2006
    I'm in brewster through saturday, , would love go meet up with you mmckechnie and kraken, if you got a ride going on. i'd be happy to reciprocate if you come out to moab sometime...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I haven't heard from the other guy (op) I guess he found some trails to ride haha.. Moab, I'm riding yarmouth tonight at 5:30,off exit 7. It will be fast pace 20+ miles with little to no stops. If you can get down with that hit me up. I did a short/ slow group ride last night so tonight I am looking to really hammer out some miles. Probably riding friday night too, either yarmouth or nickerson. let me know

mtbr member

In Eastham for the week - where to ride?

Hi guys, I had some questions about Nickerson. I went there camping with the fam Some 20 years ago as a kid. I remember a paved bike trail. I am now at the age I want to bring my own family there. How extensive are the off road trails? Are there still paved trails for the wife and little guy? Thanks for any info
    Scott

History is written by those who have hanged heroes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    best to get shown around to link up the goods. tough if you haven't ridden there at least a coupla dozen times and taken many "wrong turns". you can easily do close to 20 mile loops of mostly wonderful enchanting singletrack without leaving the park. the "training loop" nets you another 4 or so miles and is a ballbuster.

where there are ponds, there is singletrack.

rog

pedlr
    Apr 2006
    say Kraken, guess the timings not gonna work for me, the family has some demands on my time, thanks for the offer tho.
    I've spent a few hours at Nickerson this week, sniffing out the singletrack with the help of strava. Great stuff.
    Today I hit up ToT, just bombing around following my front tire. Ended up going in circles a lot, never really knew which way to turn, it was great fun. Did 12 miles woulda done 20 but had a mechancal and had to bail.
    Great riding round these parts, glad i gave it a shot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

50 mile tour de Cape

i'll be down from the 4th through the 7th.

rog
    I'd love to know how you string these together

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    I'd love to know how you string these together
    Took me many tries long before the interwebz existed to get it right. I have a coupla/few variations of the loop to mix things up. No strava, i phone, or gps guy here, so no help there. Personal tour is all. Im definitely due for one of the cape 50's

Rode tot sunday and willow monday. $hit everything's growing in since i last lived there in 07'. Everyone must be just riding and no trail work i guess. I used to put countless hours hand clipping back all of tot, sandwich, willow and cleared other ancient ways/connectors. Those are probably long gone now. Guess i'll have to move back and straighten $hit out. Heh.

rog