Thread: E-bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

E-bikes

E-bikes. Bad news. Problems ahead?

CP
    Depends. If manufacturers main-stream market a dirt specific model with pedals, and it still resembles a bicycle, some problems possibly lie ahead. Marketing and price will play a big part. If we see one on a Redbull Rampage type event, then BIG problems lie ahead...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Almost everywhere I pedal, no motorized vehicles are allowed.
    Last edited by leeboh; 08-07-2014 at 01:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If the do start showing up, hopefully a concerted and relentless shaming program forces them back to moped-land where they belong.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Some are throttle assist, some are full on electric dirt bikes that are very capable.

Outlaw
    Slap, If they could feel shame they wouldn't have dropped the coin on one to begin with.

A guy came into REI with one a few years ago. Hardtail, dual-crown fork, XT. It looked like a really burly hardtail, with a big-ass motor on it. He; twenty something, buzzed head, fvcked up teeth, wife beater, clean work boots, (basically looked like most of the people I knew who went to parties looking to fight), said he could do 25+mph off road. Motor + bike = motorized vehicle. They don't belong on trails that don't allow motorized vehicles.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hahah...some character showed up on one down at my town pumptrack project the other day. Sounds like the same sort of set-up

ProdecoTech Outlaw EX Review

Guy apparently used it for transportation; he had a couple big bottles full of some sort of Khalua concoction strapped to it and was friendly enough, but a real piece of work. It took some doing, but I convinced him I could handle it ("nah-nah, sorry bro, I let a guy ride it once and the brakes are so strong they can flip you onto your face man...I don't wanna see you get hurt...") and ripped up and down a fireroad with it a little bit. Thing got cooking pretty good. Nothing I'd ever want to tangle with on singletrack, but a nice one on ATV or dirt bike trails might be fun. As long as nobody sees you of course.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.