mtbr member

Duxbury Town Forest?

Can anyone tell me where the trail head and parking is for Duxbury Town Forest?
    Any trail recommendations are appreciated
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Mayflower St - Google Maps

On the left side of the road as you're heading south. Fairly small piece of land, ~11mi loop without repeating stuff, so just ride everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

more on Duxbury

The town of Duxbury has a few different conservation areas but most people who hear about the Duxbury Conservation Land (or town forest) are interested in the North Hill Marsh area located off Mayflower Street. Skunkty14 has already provided a Google map to find the parking area but you might also be interested in a trail map too.

The Duxbury town website has maps listed in the conservation area of their website. I would have put a link to the maps but I do not have the required number of posts (yet). To get to the maps, you will need to open the "departments" tab, then the "conservation" tab. At this page there will be a "conservation areas" tab that has the maps.

The North Hill Marsh map is a hikers trail map which will give you a good idea of the area. Unfortunately, it does not show all the trails that are available for bikers. I suggest you park in the lot that would be on your right if you were coming off of Route 3a. If you ride north on the highly used double track past the signboard and the rocks you will find a very nice single track on your left about fifty feet past the rocks. Follow this trail to a small cranberry bog (on your left) and look for the trail that is going up a hill on the right of the bog. This trail will lead you out to some real nice single tracks.

If you crossed Mayflower Street, that portion of the Conservation Lands is called Round Pond. A map of these trails is also posted on the site I mentioned above. By riding both sides of Mayflower Street you can get in a great ride.

Have fun.

mtbr member
    I live about 5 minutes from there, so I'm very familiar with all the trails. If you ride all the options, you can probably get in 15 or so miles.

I've got a bunch of ride maps on Everytrail

here's a couple of examples, you can search my trips for the rest. (One of these days I'm going to superimpose all the rides together to get a single map).

This one starts from Duxbury Town Hall:

Duxbury - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

This one starts from the parking lot on Mayflower:

Duxbury - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Awesome maps dirtyjack! If thecanoe follows them he'll have a great ride.

mike
    I have videos on youtube just search bushwacker72 mountain biking duxbury. I Think #15 and 23 are pretty good. There are also maps at the trail head.I really like riding duxbury.

mike
    Sorry the user name is thebushwaker72 ;-) my computer remembers me so I don't have to log in.

mike
    Thebushwacker72 been a long day

mtbr member
    I have a couple of videos from there too.

This is our club ride on New Year's Day (720p):

New Year's Ride 2010 - Duxbury Woods - YouTube

And this is just me on a cold day in February (480p):

Duxbury Woods Ice Ride - YouTube

And here's the town map of the North Hill side. It only show the marked trails which are fire roads and bridle trails. There's tons of singletrack that not on the map.