Thread: cape riding

Nostralpicas

cape riding

Anyone riding nickerson this weekend probably the only place that will not be soupy

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    most places will be very dry this weekend. things have been great all week in Hyannis/yarmouth and TOT. last week was very different. what a mess. just not worth it. road ride it is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Besides Nickerson, are there any good spots for single track in the Brewster, Chatham or Orleans area? I'll be there vacationing for 2 weeks in August.

Nostralpicas
    nickerson state park is in brewster and only about 2 tenths of a mile from orleans there is no single track in chatam but it is only about 3 miles from the park we do group rides in the park on tuesday nights and sunday morning if you want to get some riding in while your down contact me

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Smile

I'm very hopeful to steal away a few times over the two weeks I'm on the Cape. We're staying at Ocean Edge so Nickerson is easy to get to.

I will have access to email but not the internet. Can you provide me with your email address? Mine is rbloch@signatureny.com

What times are your Tues & Sun. group rides?

Thanks

Rob

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

road or mtb. bike

I also will be in orleans for two weeks in august. My dilema is what set of wheels to bring with me? I wasn't aware of any trails worth bringing my mtn. bike, all you hear about is the cape paved trail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phin
    I also will be in orleans for two weeks in august. My dilema is what set of wheels to bring with me? I wasn't aware of any trails worth bringing my mtn. bike, all you hear about is the cape paved trail.
    depending on how far you want to drive, Otis Air Force Base is about an hour away in Falmouth. Super fun trails

Nostralpicas

what bike

Bring the mountain bike and ride nickerson state park you won't regret your decision

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm going to be hitting up Cape Cod next week (whole week of riding)... camping out in Nickerson.

Are there any decent trails in Nickerson? If so -- how do I get there? Any trails accessible by the rail trail (not going to have a car...)...

I'm from Connecticut so I'm used to steep hills with lots of rocks and roots... anything I should expect at the cape?

Edit: I went to Nickerson last year, and all I found was lots of paved (and road-bike level hardpack) roads...

Nostralpicas

nickerson

If your camping at nickerson a car is not needed there is a paved bike path all through the park that will link you up to almost all the trails.There is a group ride that leaves from fishermans landing on tuesday nights.If you don't want to ride with a group just follow the trails around the ponds in the park its almost impossible to get lost.I won't be around next week I'm also on vacation or I'd be happy to show you the trails.I hope this helps

Nostralpicas

nickerson

If your camping at nickerson a car is not needed there is a paved bike path all through the park that will link you up to almost all the trails.There is a group ride that leaves from fishermans landing on tuesday nights.If you don't want to ride with a group just follow the trails around the ponds in the park its almost impossible to get lost.I won't be around next week I'm also on vacation or I'd be happy to show you the trails.I hope this helps

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

bringing the mtn. bike

Gotta stay true to the cause, besides I recently bought a new rig and I'm still breaking it in. I'll see you all out on the dirt trail(I'll be on a blue ibis soft tail).