mtbr member

Cape Question for dang

dang - you'll know this, I think. I'm trying to figure out how to ride from Willow to TOT on as much dirt as possible. I can cross Mary Dunn and go along the powerlines and behind Shepley to get to Phinney's. And then use the Old Jail Ln trails to get to 4C's. But them I'm stumped. Would you go through Barnstable Town Forest? If so, where's the trailhead?
    Thanks.

(of course, anyone else is free to comment if you know the answer)
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I literally was looking at this last night. Cape Cod Pathways has it completely mapped out. I've ridden or walked most sections over the years but never connected it all before. With the Sandwich Side trails next to TOT and Greenough Boy Scout Camp Trails next to Willow St. It looks like it is possible to go from Sandwich Hollows Golf Course all the way to close to Station Ave. Want to try at least TOT to Willow sometime before the winter.

Here's the link to the pdf maps along with a description of where to go:

**** Official Website of The Town of Barnstable

mtbr member
    Woah - awesome maps. Thanks.
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hi Boyz, Chris here, have not crossed paths with you folks in a few...anyway I live & ride out of Barnstable Village...after many many 1000's of miles at Tot Ive been doing a lot of off piste routes over the years. I Ride a good loop or sections from Tot (or Sandwich) to the Punks (and/or Nickerson) 98% Dirt, I did this route finding way before I had GPS, so I know em (Rt6) trails & dead ends well. Anything I can help you out with would be a pleasure.
    Formerly Wiz - Boot'd I guess

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Shanks ! see your tread all the time haha

edit: had to go back to work, so...

Anyway, back o OP question, Finn, Run the Shepply Run, to Kidds Hill Rd to Old Jail trailhead to 4Cs, go out to YMCA (by courts) to Powerlines, run those till Oak Street, cross there, eithier stay on powerlines or bang a right to Jenkins Cranberry Farmland. Several choices to play with, but bottom line hit Church Street & run a 1/2 mile to (ass) trail-head on Service RD. note: there are a few places to play around on the way.

*last time I went head to head w/you on the trail, had a chainsaw on my back & you were riding with Fenner (RIP)

*hope that helps a bit along with Doug's Maps..hey man, do the ride to the Punks/Nickerson epic rt 6 run too....way FUN, fast & bermed !
    hint: I call it The "Pump House" Run via "Bud's Bench"...super fun run, i spend a lot of time along that route, its clean!
    Last edited by No Ski today - so I Ride; 09-26-2013 at 05:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Hey Chris!
    Bud's Bench- a certain someone on here used to have some fun stuff built up behind that bench. And on the way to it - you must know that too. I ride Weir all the time. Tried to keep it all clean but i think i was the only one riding some of it and it got to be too much, so I just keep it to one loop now. How do you get over to S&S at Liberty Sq from there (on dirt that is)? Damn Follins in the way.
    Thx for the info on linking cccc to 149!
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Shanks, actually I cross "Union Street" via trail (other side rt6 & Stop & Shop area) ...but Ill back up a little...so from Willow I Run up that short incline beside Rt6 East on-ramp (I know you ride there) so from top I either bare left & run that a mile or so & cross that paved walking path or back hit up the Sandy loops, pass the "blue barrel" & end up running the powerline next to the paved walking path to last golf outhouse & hit walking path and either take Golf cart path under golf bridge, stay left, ride that up till last corner on down side & you'll see rt6 "Trash Train" underpass on left walk or ride down to tracks cross em, go under bridge take 1st trail on right that will bring you out to Union Street, cross Union (thats German Hill Rd), take a up left on trailhead (not dirt driveway) about 300 yards up German, Ride that...fer a while youll cross a few roads you already know, either way around "big sand pit" out to Buds Bench, after Buds, down to Road & ride road up to Flax Pond, go down & right, follow to pumphose road take left, the 1st main right behind a couple of gof holes, up to & across Setucket, cross pwerlines down to pumphouse, up and cross Street to DT trailhead, run that straight to more DT, keep going to big left hand berm and follow DT, past more pump houses, youll cross Rt134, go straight across to trailhead, run that to Electric grid, on otherside of grid, go right in some sand DT, to 1st Single track on left, that brings to another Street crossing, take a left youll see a pump house Road on right accross from horse farm, take that all the way down to last pumphouse, youll find in rear, anyway, go right on DT to 1st ST on left, follow ST out to another pumphouse go behind to DT, at top take left, and 1st right follw that behind shooting range THere are alot of fun trails in there but "Cape Cod Trailways" get you around the range, you'll know your on track when you run by achery taget trail ... OK up to new house development with no houses, cross the Street & your in the PUnks...

note: I dont cut through Golf Course on weekends till winter, I use the Over pass instead and take right on 1st Deadend Street over RR tracks and cut through Girl Scout Camp, stay close to tracks you'll see the "Trash Train underpass but now your ST trail to cross union is on left, just before Rt6 train underpass

As you know, there are a few ways to get to Greenough/Girl Scout Camps...but the key is to cross Union and pick up trails off German Hill. Have Fun, you can make it to Nickerson cutting through the Punks, hit Rail Trail fer, a real short spin, long pond trails to Brewster State Forest, up to the backside of Nickerson off "Ball fields" on Freeman's Way...and/or cross 6 and run the rt6 trails on otherside, just be careful couple of scary on-ramps you cross.

Have Fun, hope this gives you a couple of ideas, we're sure to cross paths soon

Note: forgive the spelling etc. too tired & just wanted to get this out to ya, nice nice weather for the weekend

mtbr member
    YOU're the one that rides that trail from the trash train overpass (with the awesome graffiti). I've seen your tracks. I used to ride it all the time west and then north on the tracks to get to Greenough until they put that new ballast down. Psyched to know a new way as that can help make a huge Yarmouth loop.
    Thanks for all the info! See you out there!
    Misfit diSSent ALC SS
    2014 Cdale F29 Team

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Name:  Scenic Vista trashtrain2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  35.0 KB
    Name:  Punk kettle Pond 2.jpg
Size:  36.8 KB

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    boy, you coulda just called me finn. I can get ya from nickerson to woods hole on dirt with MANY variations in between.

rog

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by No Ski today - so I Ride View Post
    Name:  Scenic Vista trashtrain2.jpg
Size:  35.0 KB
    Name:  Punk kettle Pond 2.jpg
Size:  36.8 KB