mtbr member

Cape Night Riding

Whats the deal with Willow Street and TOT at night guys? I've ridden Otis a bunch and know its okay (maybe not allowed but eh). I am a bit overworked and under played and still want to ride but the ball and chain job is only allowing for dusk spins lately.

Want some variety and just wondering if anyone will have a cow if I try TOT or Willow with a light.

Thanks, Steve

JBH
    mtbr member
    I've ridden both at night several times and had no issues.

mtbr member
    Nice, did you park under the bridge for Willow? Also, are you familiar with Willow? I've only ridden behind the airport but hear there are more trails you can connect in.

JBH
    mtbr member
    Some people park under the bridge, but I am not too sure what the local PD thinks of it. There is a pull off just north of there that has a small parking lot. It's about a 1/2 mile up the road, but at least you should not be hassled there.
    There is a lot of trail in that area. You can easily put together a 15-20 mile ride with just a little road put in there.
    Moving back to the Cape next month. Be happy to show you around sometime when I get down there.

mtbr member
    Awesome. I've used the under-the-bridge lot during the day and it seems fine, just weary parking there come night. I've been working late and exit 7 is a viable option to mix it up. Though I live in Falmouth so Otis gets most of my love.

Let me know when you get back, would love to see those new (to me) trails.

JBH
    mtbr member
    will do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've been riding both places for years without problems, and sometimes quite late.
    I wouldn't park my car under the bridge at night but I've seen it. I also would not park at the pull off up the street by the pond THAT WAS ON THE FRONT page of CC Times several years ago bcz of obscene gay activity, which also happens behind the rest area near exit 7 where a trail grazes.

Thankfully my night riding is over until September. by March I've had enough.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I did a lot of night riding at TOT this past fall/winter and had no problems at all. Planning to get more night rides in this summer as the weather during the day gets hotter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    I also would not park at the pull off up the street by the pond THAT WAS ON THE FRONT page of CC Times several years ago bcz of obscene gay activity, which also happens behind the rest area near exit 7 where a trail grazes.
    One of my riding buddies was at TOT yesterDAY and was horrified when he came upon 3 DUDES in the trail who decided they couldn't wait until dark to do their "business".

I was told from day one the parking lot off the service road by 149 is one to avoid at all costs. This happened on the trails near that lot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Went out on TOT for a quick night ride last night. 75 degrees feels so much cooler at night. Definitely the way to go during this heat. We're probably going out again tonight if anyone wants to join in. Most likely just 5-9 miles at a medium pace.