Thread: Cape Cod Rides

mtbr member

Cape Cod Rides

A group I ride with is made of mostly roadies *gasp* and as the weather turns they will run from the ticks and thorns to trucks and ***hole drivers (yes I wonder why too).

A buddy from that group and I are looking to start some regular rides, most likely Otis (we're both from Falmouth).

Anyone interested in a casual (this means friendly and fairly easy) weeknight ride let me know.

I'd be interested in any other rides (TOT, Willow, possibly Pinehills) too.

And I will probably try to travel a bit (2 hours-ish) on weekends if anyone is game.

mtbr member
    The interest is overwhelming but it seems we will taking off between 5:30-6pm on Wednesdays.

If you're looking for a moderate pace ride with some people let me know.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    There's a south shore mtb community on facebook you might want to checkout, I think they ride at a lot of the same places you mentioned. I'm about 60 miles from there so no chance of a week day ride and in the summer I tend to hit the stuff up north that isn't rideable in the winter. But come January-March I'm always happy to hit the cape if there's dirt to be had.

mtbr member
    We rode all winter, a few times with fatbikes but I got a lot of riding in on just the SS.

I am a member on FB and may post the ride there for people to try out. Thanks for the tips and always ride with someone visiting.

I may curse Cape at times but the whole no-mud season thing is quite nice...

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Yeah, no mud season is a big plus. There's a few trail systems I use as my go-to during mud season, mainly rocky stuff with very little dirt to make mud. I think were pretty lucky with the terrain around Mass, there tends to be at lea