Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cannondale Demo

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  CRAZY FRED 
#1 ·
Join us for a day on the trails brought to you by Cannondale Bikes!

Please read all the details from pro Cannondale rider Matty O'.

"Gang, I wanted to put an email out regarding a Mountain Bike Demo Day on Saturday October 17th @ 10:30 in Ipswich, MA. At the Linebrook Road entrance to Willowdale State Forest, Cannondale, Riverside Cycles and the new Pinnacle Bikes of Beverly will be hosting an event with a number of different Cannondale mountain bikes to try, including all of the New Equipment from Interbike Las Vegas and Interbike East. One of the bikes on hand will be the show stopper, 16.5 LB Flash Full Carbon Mountain Bike. In addition, my 21 lb Full Suspension Carbon factory team bike will also be on hand along with many others. Cannondale Flash carbon-fiber XC racing machine which tips the scales at an absolutely featherweight 16.56 lbs! Coming to showrooms later this Fall, the Cannondale Flash is built with many of the same high-modulus carbon fiber as their high-end road racing frames. To achieve such a light weight, some unique techniques were also employed to unify the toptube/seatstay junction and improve lateral stiffness at the same time. Also introduced is the Flash Carbon 29er with 80mm front-travel delivered via the venerable Lefty fork in two trim levels:
There will be a couple of guest riders that will lead different groups through some of the newly cut trail system in Willowdale. Some of you may have already experienced what has been going on in Willowdale. If you haven't, it is fast becoming a premier area of fast, non technical, North East Kingdom like trail system of Burke Vt. If nothing else, come out and enjoy a great area and learn some new trails on the N. Shore. Parking will be at on Linebrook RD , Ipswich MA roughly 1.5 miles off of old rt 1. From the north you will take a left on Linebrook Road in Ipswich at the Wolf Hill Garden Center and from the South you will be taking a right onto Linebrook Rd. Parking area is roughly 1.5 miles on the right before Marini Farms. Hope to see you @10:30 on the October 17th. Matt O'keefe"

Thanks Matt

Hope to see you there!

Aaron Millett
Riverside Cycle Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah-The lefty, which I never really liked on the 26ers I've ridden, feels just perfectly matred to the 29ers-I've ridden the caffeine (which Loved) and a Ventana that was retro-fitted with a carbon lefty-the front ends of both felt fantastic-Don't know why, but the lefty and the 29er are a match made in heaven (or easton, anyway).

Scapel 29er should be rippin' fast, huh.

#5 ·
SuperbMan said:
Yeah-The lefty, which I never really liked on the 26ers I've ridden, feels just perfectly matred to the 29ers-I've ridden the caffeine (which Loved) and a Ventana that was retro-fitted with a carbon lefty-the front ends of both felt fantastic-Don't know why, but the lefty and the 29er are a match made in heaven (or easton, anyway).

Scapel 29er should be rippin' fast, huh.
Funny you say this as I've just recently come to belive the very same thing.. 2-10 years ago I would of laughed at anything Cannondale no less a "Lefty" fork.. But being all 29er these past two years (or should I say "having seen the light" :D big wheels just rock) I've opened my mind to alot of different things, and one of the biggest things is that the Lefty from C-Dale in 29er format is really a sweet arse fork.. A 2.8 pound 130 travel carbon fork? Are you kidding me? Not so thrilled about the retail price but having a recent at cost hook-up has made hte "Lefty" the fork of choice for my next project..Opps my bad, the project AFTER my next project....Next project is a 5.5 29er fully with 17.2 chain stays (ya that's right 17.2). And than a WolfHound with a carbon Lefty.. BTW Superbman where or who did you see or ride this Ventana with a Lefty? Are you going to be there tomorrow? CF.

#8 ·
Good show,

Stopped by today to have a look see @ some 2010 C-Dales (mostly the Flash) and am glad I did. First up I gotta say not a super huge turn out but all who was there were and or seemed to be a great bunch of guys..Also there is and will always be that guy or person who just loves to say "Crack-n-Fail" ( I know cute right? :rolleyes: ) but I found myself in the mist of some really sweet bikes today..The new Flash was just stupid nice...And of course getting to see and talk with my old buddie from way back in the day, Matty O....Matt really great talken with you today and I will for sure be ringing you up for some rides...You, Fred W, (AKA Sane Fred) and myself..Shoot I may just have to bust out the 95 Adroit for this....:D Thanks all..........CF.

#9 ·
the Ventana /lefty combo belongs to a friend down in NJ who owns a bike shop (Bike n Gear, it's called btw)-he, like Crazy Fred, has anywhere between 3-5 high Zoot built up bikes at any one time-and right now he's all 29er and he runs the Carbon Lefty Max on all of his bikes (with adapters-I think he had Sherwood build a custom headtube for the Ventana).

Yeah the old Crack and Fail Moniker-I still have my first Mountain bike-a first generation Cannondale Super V (which I bought, coincidently, at the above mentioned store) and it still runs fine-not a crack on it! (though it's retired to 'around-towner' status long ago!).

Does cannondale still have that frame trade in program??

Liam

#10 ·
SuperbMan said:
the Ventana /lefty combo belongs to a friend down in NJ who owns a bike shop (Bike n Gear, it's called btw)-he, like Crazy Fred, has anywhere between 3-5 high Zoot built up bikes at any one time-and right now he's all 29er and he runs the Carbon Lefty Max on all of his bikes (with adapters-I think he had Sherwood build a custom headtube for the Ventana).

Yeah the old Crack and Fail Moniker-I still have my first Mountain bike-a first generation Cannondale Super V (which I bought, coincidently, at the above mentioned store) and it still runs fine-not a crack on it! (though it's retired to 'around-towner' status long ago!).

Does cannondale still have that frame trade in program??

Liam
Ahh yes Bike n Gear I know it well, and that's why I asked...As for the C-Dale trade in program I'm not 100% sure but i can answer this for you by tomorrow with a quick phone call.( If you'ed like) However not sure it's worth givng up a first -G Super V for...But hey that's on you not me........CF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.