mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Can someone please show me around the Fells?

Hi all, I'm new to Boston and really, really want to start mountain biking 3-4 times a week for the next 30 days to build up to all day riding by July. I went to the Fells yesterday and continued to get lost.

I'm an all mountain trail rider (Turner Spot) looking to get a guided tour of the area.

I don't have a car but if someone was interested going farther away, I'd be willing to pay for gas.

WOuld anyone here be willing to help me out? In an ideal world, we'd have the same goals, that is, being able to ride all day rides within the month (once I get my fitness back).

Please respond here or PM me, then I'll give you my email address.
    And it goes without saying, dinner is on me if you'll guide me through the good riding of the Fells. Yesterday, I was off my bike 80% of the time due to finding shitty trails that were unridable.

Thanks so much!

PS I live in Harvard SQ so I can easily take the T to Davis and bike to the Fells entrance to meet, if that's most convenient.

mtbr member
    I would be happy to show you around.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks! Thursday? Or this weekend?

mtbr member
    Can do Thurs night at about 6pm.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Lil late notice if you guys are still gonna be there at 6, I'm heading over there right now. Should be still there around 6ish. Shoot me a PM I guess?

mtbr member
    There is a NEMBA ride at 6 on Wed & Thurs out of the Flynn Rink. I'm sure Frank knows his way around as well.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah, Frank showed me around some awesome stuff and mentioned those rides. I'll definitely be there for at least one next week.

Class Clown
    I live close to the Fells and I go there all the time. Fellsbiker.com has maps.