Thread: Burbank Hill?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Burbank Hill?

hello-
    Newish guy getting back into the trails... Does anyone know if Burbank Hill in Fitchburg is open to bikes? I scouted it earlier and there was a sign from the Mass Audubon about "No Bikes Allowed". Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    They're more wary of dogs in there than bikes. I've never been "talked to" about biking in there, but have been scolded when I had my dogs. I sometimes run into horses in there too. No motorized vehicles. I took my kids for a lil hike in there this weekend and there's still some work to do on the trail cleanup from the historical ice storm this winter. Main trails are pretty clear, but the singletrack we hiked on was pretty messy. Gamaches bike shop gets rides together in Burbank also. They might not be riding yet where it's still somewhat wet in there. Although I have to admit it was drier than I expected (even the swamp trail) and it's probably cool to ride now as along as you stay on the higher trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    You can ride burbank hill. we rode two days ago and it was killer up there. all the trails are cleaned and raked. We made a nice log ride down toward the reservoir.

dont worry about anyone "talking to you" there shouldnt be a problem. We ride there all the time. flat rock and burbank are siick

mtbr member
    were exactly is burbank hill?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If you head into fitchburg and go down mechanic st there is a hospital at the top of the hill. You can ride up either to the hospital or you can go to the elementary school and ride in that way. here is a map... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=16&iwloc=A

to get to the school you go down bigelow rd. You can get to a sweet trail head there.

E30 Rollin'
    I'm thinking of heading up to Burbank Thursday afternoon, as of now it seems like it's the only clear place to ride that's close to home after all of the ice storm damage...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    look out for our tree ride down toward the reservoir along the power lines