Thread: Billerica

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004

Billerica

Coming up there for work for about three days. Any good trails up in the vicinity that are rideable. Technical, easy it doesn't matter as long as it's a trail and it's open.
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    in Billerica you are about evenly spaced between three great riding spots- Harold Parker (my favorite of the three- technical rocky singletrack, but all rideable, try the Wicked Ride of the East map), Private Reserve (Burlington Landlocked Parcel- flowy, packed singletrack, with some big man-made stunts and skinnies), and Lowell-Dracut-Tyngsboro State Park (have heard good things, haven't made it up there yet). Search for any of these on this forum, or bikerag, and you'll find all the info you need. Enjoy!

Beasley
    I live about 5 minutes from Dracut-Lowell-Tyngsboro SF. Great riding. From beginner trails to very technicial singletrack. Just bring bugspray!!!! It is the heart of alot of swampland and the bugs can be unbearable at times. Heres a link with directions and a trail map:

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/northeast/ldtf.htm

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004
    appreciate the info guys!
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

mtbr member
    I work in Billerica. Your two best bets are Lowell-Dracut and Carlisle (Great Brook Farm State Park). Lowell is a bit better IMO. Harold Parker is great also and is in Andover. If you go over to Carlisle, Russell Mill is nearby in Chelmsford.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr santa cruz member
    Nov 2005
    What days will you be local?

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004
    Thanks again for the info guys. I was there this last week. Rain, rain and wait....more rain. Is it like that all summer? Didn't want to go out and mess up the trails so I did some sight seeing instead since it was my first time out there. I may possibly be going back in August to visit AS&E again and if I do and it's still raining, your trails are going to get messed up.
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

Beasley
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnSpectre
    Thanks again for the info guys. I was there this last week. Rain, rain and wait....more rain. Is it like that all summer? Didn't want to go out and mess up the trails so I did some sight seeing instead since it was my first time out there. I may possibly be going back in August to visit AS&E again and if I do and it's still raining, your trails are going to get messed up.
    NO!!! It is not like this all the time. Last year at this time it was in the 90's Most summers it is very dry and they start putting into affect water bans. Post a thread next time you stop by this way. Im sure someone will show you around. You wont regret it!!