Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18

    Smile Bike Shops in Boston

    I am going to be in Boston tomorrow, 10/16, thru Wednesday, 10/20, and I was hoping to find a few local shops to visit. I like visiting as many local shops as I can when I go on trips. Maybe buy some socks or just about anything else commemorating my trip. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    44

    My Favorite shop...

    Ace Wheelworks in Somerville. Right down the road from Davis Square. Cool place to browse and all the people that work there are really cool. web site: http://www.wheelworks.com/info_ace.htm

    Enjoy your trip and GO SOX!

  3. #3
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by TXrider
    I am going to be in Boston tomorrow, 10/16, thru Wednesday, 10/20, and I was hoping to find a few local shops to visit. I like visiting as many local shops as I can when I go on trips. Maybe buy some socks or just about anything else commemorating my trip. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.


    JRA (Just Riding Along) on Salem St. in Medford. About 10-15 minutes outside the city but worth the visit. Best local shop around!

    Greg
    Voltron

  4. #4
    kona & ironhorse:SUPERIOR
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44

    JRA, boston -- ironhorse MK3 demo

    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    JRA (Just Riding Along) on Salem St. in Medford. About 10-15 minutes outside the city but worth the visit. Best local shop around!

    Greg

    yeah.... JRA is great.... the actually have an Iron Horse MKIII expert demo in now... i tested it and its pretty sweet. Everyone should check it out.

    --middysmitty

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: awai04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    903
    ...Has anybody brought their own frame to complete with parts bought from JRA? I have to agree --the folks at JRA seem like straight-shooters. I'm thinking of getting a frame by a brand JRA doen't normally carry, I think. Though, I do like JRA's service.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52
    You should also check out Back Bay Bikes

  7. #7
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by awai04
    ...Has anybody brought their own frame to complete with parts bought from JRA? I have to agree --the folks at JRA seem like straight-shooters. I'm thinking of getting a frame by a brand JRA doen't normally carry, I think. Though, I do like JRA's service.

    Brian and the boys take care of you no matter what you are buying from them.
    Voltron

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    498
    Jra Rules

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    14
    The guys at JRA are really good people. Cannot believe i have bought stuff at other shops in the Boston area.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,311
    www.internationalbike.com
    they have 2 locations and a big inventory of cool/different things to check out

Similar Threads

  1. Mountain bike jargon/ lingo
    By bstguitarist in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
  2. Forks, Frames and Five Hundred Dollars.
    By AdamOn6thStreet in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 09:10 PM
  3. If you need to know this.
    By KevinVokeyJ24 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM
  4. Lance's Austin "29er" revealed
    By ncj01 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 08:14 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •