mtbr member
    Sep 2005

A big thanks to...

... whoever developed and maintains the trails at Nickerson on the Cape. My buddies and I rode there this past Saturday and Sunday while camping with our families. We rode Trail of Tears last year, but Nickerson blows those away in comparison. We hit all the pond perimeter trails and the singletrack south of the park - so fast, so fun. Thanks and nice work!

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Cool, I'm heading to the cape next week for 7 days. Any tips/recommendations (in addition to above)?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    wow i live on the cape and have been blowing that place off. i will have to give it a try during the week. thanks for the heads up

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

nickerson winter bliss

the place really turns on when all of the campers are gone and you can ride everything everywhere and not see a soul.

in winter with a couple inches of fresh powder snow, the riding is devine. we used to start from the ball fields off of freemans and had a 19 mile singletrack snow ride loop. didn't even need studs.

the horse trail area is as good or better than the best of kingdom trails.

a gem fer sure.

rog

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    First time for me there wed - fri. Great place, I'll be going back for sure...

Nostralpicas
    We had a great ride there last night group of about nine riders,530ish from fishermans landing.There is also sunday morning rides.People have been downing this place for years,its nice to see others enjoy these local trails.
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

!snotrocket!
    nickerson is fast fun and flows like a roller coster. in addition to the main pond loops there is a ton of purpose built single track in there. when you add in the stuff from freemans way in you can get a pretty large ride together. I agree the the winter is the best time to ride it, the ground firms up and the campers leave.
    coastin' along