mtbr member

best trails in western mass

Hey guys,

I am in the Albany area and usually ride north (southern Daks) or south (Hudson Valley) but I have heard people rave about western Mass riding. Can you give pointers to some of the best trails? I like it all, smooth and flowy (Kingdom trails style) or rocky and rooty, climbing, descending ....

Are there any good resources either on the web, bike shops, or books available?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey New York Bike,

Check out the www.nemba.org ride section --they have a list of maps, and trail descriptions--look for Holyoke-sinner SF, Wendell Sf and Pittsfield Sf. and The DAR SF in Goshen (also one of the best and easy to navigate not too far from albany.

Closest to albany is the Yokun Ridge (Lennox Mountain and Kennedy Park included). Go the tHe Arcadian Shop on rte 7/ 20 south in Lenox (near Pittsfield Border) and grab a map and ask for advice (good review with direction right here on mtbr.com trail review section under Yokun Ridge) the map is helpful and the arc shop guys can point you in the right direction.

PM for more info,

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Try the norulesmountainbikeclub website.its the local riding club ,very informal. i do a group ride twice a week .pm me if you would like a tour sometime. Harry

mtbr member
    Great info! thanks a lot, I am looking forward to checking out your trails.

I'll definitely get in touch with you guys when I plan to come out.

Cheers!