mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bershire Riders: where was I?

this summer and today I've ridden trails starting at the end of New Lenox rd.( I actually started at October Mt camping area.). I take a left onto a trail just after the parking area and before the old building and follow that(very steep) for a ways and bear left and ride on same trail for a long long ways and eventually come out at Kirvin(?) park in Pittsfield. There's so much in there I can't ride it all. well, not from where I start and how I get to N Lenox Rd.

So, is all this stuff I rode considered October MT? how much is closer to the Camp grounds and actually in Lee? from the Camp gnds it was mostly barely ridable very rocky double track.

I like PSF and Yokun Ridge better. They both have more climbs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

If I follow you. You to pump house backwards,

Then got on a trail called tentacles . Then onto the trail to Kirvin park. There is a lot more and better up there. Really easy to get lost. Nothing is close to the campground. You can always contact me for a tour. Harry. Hdmsmz@ gmail.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Take harry up on his offer...Oct. Mountain is one of the best riding areas in MA

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, thanks for the reply. so it seems where it was considered October MT. glad to know that nothing close to camping area so I won't bother to look.

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryonaspot View Post
    Then got on a trail called tentacles.
    I was wondering what we were calling that... lot of firewood down up there today.

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    ...and follow that(very steep) for a ways ...
    She's a grunt up. I usually include that as the last down...very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    I like PSF and Yokun Ridge better. They both have more climbs.
    OMSF is what it is. A ton of singletrack that IS nice. I ride the **** out of it because I'm so close. That said... there is far better flow in places like PSF & Balance Rock. The ridge is nice & techy, too.