We are finally riding Hawley!
Hawley has an extensive network of beautifully maintained singletrack. Be prepared to climb! Several trails have man-made obstacles that you can choose to either go over or ride around, but watching your fellow riders tackle them is the best way to work up the courage to ride them yourself (most things really are much easier to ride than they look). Harold Green is going to lead this ride while I will sweep. Because you can easily get very very lost in Hawley we will strictly enforce the "wait at the turn"-rule.

Everyone planning on riding has to have a working light fully charged!! If you don't have your own, make sure to arrange for one prior to the ride!

Directions from Greenfield:

Follow Rt. 2 West all the way to Charlemont. Just after the center of Charlemont, turn left onto the bridge towards Berkshire East and cross the Deerfield River and railroad tracks. Turn left onto S River Road and take your first right onto E Hawley Road. Follow E Hawley Road for several miles up to the fire station on your right - this is where the ride will leave from.
There are several other ways to get to the fire station, especially when you're not coming from the Greenfield area, but this is the only way I feel comfortable describing so just mapquest a different route based on my description.

Mandatory equipment:

- Bike in good working order
- Helmet
- Water
- Fully charged, working light suited for mountain biking!

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I still don't have internet so I most likely won't be able to respond to any emails until Monday during the day. The better way to reach me at this point is via phone, and my cell number is (413)522-7321.

Cheers!

Ride Time: 6:30pm, Monday, Sept. 14
Contact: Steffi Krug "knoepfchen", knoepfchen7@yahoo.com, (413)522-7321