Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Batchelor/Earl's?

Anybody know the trail conditions at Batchelor/Earl's? I rode Sawmill last weekend and it was mostly foot-printed snow and ice. The snow was firm enough to ride on (fatbike) but the footprints were so bumpy to render it un-rideable. I imagine the entrances to Batch/Earls would be similar; wonder how things are deeper in.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    earls still needs time. Upper trails still have snow. lower trails some are good enough to ride. few spots have good amount of mud. prolly by next week if the weather stays up in the 50's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I went there last Saturday and barely even attempted to ride. I ended up walking the bike a lotLots of snow and layers of ice from the snow melt left on the trails. I am going to try to go out there either today or tomorrow. I recently moved here from Maine about a year and a half ago, and I ride alone all the time because I haven't found people to go. I'd love to meet a group to ride with.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    you tryed earls last saturday or batch?? Chicopee state park isn't bad for flowy xc. not very technical but there are a few logs to ride. your riding today?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I went over to earls trails last Saturday and it was practically all snow on lower end, I didnt do a thorough look through but it was enough snow, water, mud, ice for me to not even try. I am going to try going over to earls tomorrow possibly and seeing the conditions now. it seems as though things have dried up a little, and we also got lots of heavy rain which could have eliminated the extra snow/ice.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i saw people at batch st the last few days. Don't know how clear that is but its really rocky so it should drain well. Also heard chicopee is pretty dry as of yesterday heard there are debri down on the trail so there is some need of clean up out there.. may try out one of them today to see how conditions are coming along. haven't exercised much this winter so i gotta get my butt in gear for this year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    keep me updated, ill keep posting on what i find out as well. I am going crazy i want to go so bad... this winter has been killing me

mtbr member
    May 2010
    ha. yup it has. got about 7 miles on my new bike lol. but its only a week old so. I see your in the northampton area. I do alot of riding out here as i work out here

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    ya we could meet up sometime, i ride alone often and quite frankly its quite dangerous. I want to ride in b-street but have been afraid that if i happened to get seriously hurt on technical areas then i would be screwed. Saw your new bike, thats the bike i was going to purchase this year but I went with a used on off of pinbike.com. 2013 Giant Trance 1 29er. How do u like your 29er? First time I've used one.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i love it. So different than my santa cruz 26". 29ers are like climbing machines! and go over debri so much better. Love the clutched derailleur. and the new version of the rockshox revelation! yeah deff. I have rode batch many times by myself but i have ridden it many times and i have hurt myself while being alone out there. I was thinking of heading there today to check out the conditions and maybe put down a few miles.. i still haven't found and rode all the trails at batch as there are so many i either don't have enough time in the day or i run out of energy. it can be a fun kind of technical.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    im not very fast but yea we will deffineatly have to get together. I can show you around some time as long as you dont mind someone that is kinda slow and outa shape. Haven't been prepping for riding of winter lol.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    You are probably faster than I am right now... just stay in touch we can make something work out probably.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i added you as a friend on mtbr. Yeah ill try and get some plans rolling. Maybe i can get someone else to come with us make it a small group ride.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Check batch out today I would say 90% of Rollercoaster is good. Some soft spots and some mud where people decided to mud boy the trail instead of walking your bike around. Tested my new stumpjumper and broke it in the same day. Rear free hub pawpaw are shot after 8 miles on the bike. Sigh back to the bike shop it goes. Hope I get a demo

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    wow...what a bummer. Where did you purchase the bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I am going to go over to earls tomorrow to see how it is

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Family bike in agawam. Going tomorrow am to drop it off

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Awesome!!!! I'll have to show you around b street to show you he solo loop I do. So you can at least venture out to batch

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

By yourself and be ok. Btw I am outa shape lmao!!! Wow went from 1000ft very climbing and being spent to 300ft

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Bike is fixed family bike in agawam are awesome!!! Picking it up tomorrow morning and riding with a co worker!!! So pumped!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Good to hear. Went over to earls trails yesterday. The trails are fine, some soft spots and tiny amounts of snow, but after a few days it will be even better. It was good to be out there and I will definitely be going again real soon.

Hopefully we can meet up soon and ride.

P.S. wayyyy out of shape over here....hills were killing me.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Hahah rode at Chicopee today!! 9 miles legs are beat. Awesome to hear you got out there!!! Earls is a killer first few rides of the year. Just so much very to climb lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    ya tons of climbing. I really need to start riding to other places, since moving here I have only really learned some of earls trails, only ridden batch once and I was so totally lost I had no idea how I even made it home. It was cool though. I definitely need to learn te trails.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Earls takes quite awhile to learn because there are just so many trails and so many intersections. I'm pretty sure there are still a few trails I haven't ridden. I don't know all the names lol but I know which ones I like. Batch is real hard to navigate. Chicopee state park is a good little training area. Robinson in Agawam is awesome super flows! I've done some good 16 mile rides there and more

mtbr member
    May 2010

Batchelor/Earl's?

Do you have strata?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast