mtbr member
    May 2006

Awesome Weekend in the Pioneer Valley

Well we just concluded our southwestern flavored mountain bike weekend featuring the 5th annual Wendell Chili Ride and 3rd annual Charlemont Whole Enchilada.

Preliminary numbers indicate over 100 individuals participated in one or both of these events featuring 2 of the northern Pioneer Valley's favorite biking destinations. On Saturday we "enjoyed" the long technical climbs and super fun descents that have put Charlemont on the map, and today, the leafy, rocky, rooty goodness that is Wendell State Forest.

Thanks to all who prepped, rode, ate, drank and enjoyed the great MTB vibe.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wish I'd known about it...

Hey, got a question about your area in the winter. Are there many (any) fatbike friendly trails near B-East? Groomed XC or snowmobile stuff or maybe even on the ski area itself? I'm thinking I need to bring skis and fatbikes when we come up to ski this winter.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The Snowmobile Trails, running from just south of the summit of B'East, head to Hawley (Dubuque State Forest) - many locals ride those trails when conditions allow, both fat and regular MTBs. Last year we included a stretch of the I-93 Snowmobile corridor and some Hawley single track in the Enchilada.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Rode the CTS yesterday with Hado…this area is still riding great and will be until the snow flies. We spent a lot of time on the Zoar/ Warfield side and I am blown away by how much work and material has gone into those trails over the last 1.5 years.

I'll get up to wendell Monday Morning for what may be the last time this season as well…that place was also riding spectacularly during the chili ride.

When you couple these places with the DAR, Expanding Deerfield/greenfield Ridges, Florence, B-Street/ Earl's, Hawley the riding options and quality available to folks around here are just staggering.

It's been a good year.