mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Anyone tried Leomister yet ?

Im itching to get out to some real riding, but the snow is deep/slushy it wouldnt be worth it

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by le_buzz View Post
    Im itching to get out to some real riding, but the snow is deep/slushy it wouldnt be worth it
    The main roads have seen enough snowmobile traffic to pack it down. The trails not so much. Two weeks ago it was great. Last weekend it was too soft on Sunday but likely fine on a fat bike. I didn't even bother this weekend as I assumed it wood be really soft, but maybe it was OK? It'll probably be good tomorrow since it'll be single digits tonight.

I do know they plowed from Elm to the radio tower and it was a solid sheet of ice. I couldn't even walk it.

mtbr member
    I went out on Saturday with my Moonlander from the Elm street side and it was still a sheet of ice on the main road (but still rideable at very slow speed!) I tried a few trails, but the snow was too soft and I kept breaking through the crust. With the cold temps today, tomorrow, and Tuesday, hopefully they'll firm up a bit.

I went in from the Rt 31 last week, and there was very little ice on the most road sections. The only trail I went on was Wolf Rock Trail since it had been packed down by snowmobiles. Still learning my way around the trails.