mtbr member

Anyone riding rayburn regularly?

Looking for someone to ride with. Most week days I think i can be out there for about 530pm. Week ends when ever is convenient.

**edit I did find a search mention a local club for the trails anyone have any contact info for the club?

mtbr member
    I live just 2 miles from Rayburn but for some reason I've only been there once this year. How about a ride on Thursday? I like to park in the Buck Bros lot off Brightside Street. I spoke with the manager and he said it was fine to park there. The trails are at the end of Brightside and spit you out in the heart of the trails with many loop options.

mtbr member
    Im game. Im riding from worcester. I think I can pedal there in an hour but is 6- 630 pm to late for you? If you re familiar with NENSCO thats about the only place in millbury I know how to get to. Oh and now I can find Rayburn Drive or road what ever the directions from the MTBR Trails sections give.

mtbr member
    6pm or 6:30 is fine. I will park in the Buck Bros lot on the left side of Brightside. Here is a map link. Rayburn doesn't have any parking forcing us to park on the street.

Where are you coming from in Worcester? That's not going to be a fun ride. Massasoit Rd to Millbury Ave would probably be your best option to avoid the traffic and crazy Worcester drivers. Hope you have alot of energy! And a light for your bike because the ride will probably be 1.5 hours. You should consider driving.

Anyone else? The more the merrier. I'm going to x post this ride to the NEMBA boards as well.

Kevin

mdc
    mtbr member
    The bike club is www.teambums.com (the web site got hacked or whatever last year so they are just getting it back up and running). They usually do a Spring and Fall TT series at Rayburn and other locations around southern Worcester county. They also do group rides on most weekends. You should check out the NEMBA ride this Wed. in W. Millbury- great trails similar to Rayburn but with alittle more flow......

mtbr member

mtbr member
    LOL If I could drive this would have been a whole different thread. I cant drive so pedaling is my only option. Either that or sit here and read about everyone riding. I live on vernon st right off 290 so I was kind of planning to go up vernon and eventually over to the paved trail. That will get me to millbury with the least traffic I think.

I ve never been in a group ride whats the pace? I dont mind one or two people losing me but an entire group might crush what little ego I have. lol

mdc
    mtbr member
    NEMBA group rides are usually pretty tame- no drops and re-grouping as necessary. They are usually a good way to check out a new area without the fear of getting lost (usually...)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeland2
    LOL If I could drive this would have been a whole different thread. I cant drive so pedaling is my only option. Either that or sit here and read about everyone riding. I live on vernon st right off 290 so I was kind of planning to go up vernon and eventually over to the paved trail. That will get me to millbury with the least traffic I think.

I ve never been in a group ride whats the pace? I dont mind one or two people losing me but an entire group might crush what little ego I have. lol
    Yea, the path would be a nice ride but may be a bit longer. Its only about 6 miles so you should be able to do it in under an hour.

Group rides are fun. I always ride better in a group. I get lazy when I'm by myself. The pace is varied but eveyone is waited for.

See you Thursday,
    Kevin

mtbr member

mtbr member
    What time does the ride start?

Edit** The nemba ride I mean
    Last edited by strangeland2; 06-05-2007 at 03:03 PM.

mtbr member
    The Wednesday rides always start at 6pm.

Also, if it is dark and/or you are tired after the ride tomorrow I can take you home.

mtbr member
    LMAO I ll probably be tired before i get out of worcester. Im not a definite for tomorrow... Im hoping though. West Millbury seems to be a little farther than rayburn.

mtbr member
    Ok so I made it to the ride tonight. I feel like I got the dog crap kicked out of me. Check here tomorrow I may have to back out of tomorrows ride. I ll post around 4 30 whether i can make it or not. Good news though I now know I can ride from that west millbury meeting place to vernon st near 290 in about 40 minutes. lol

mtbr member
    Leaving now Im pedaling so i ll be there about 6 30.