mtbr member

Anyone riding Otis the next couple days?

Hey all -- I'll be down Cape visiting my folks for a few days and am planning on riding Otis tomorrow (Tuesday 7/29) and Wednesday. I grew up in Forestdale (just outside the Sandwich gate to the base) and rode the Otis trails a lot as a teenager but it has been a good 15 years since I've ridden there so it would be nice to ride with someone who knows it well. It's been raining for going on 4 days up here in NH and I have to get out haha! I figure tomorrow will be early/mid afternoon and Wednesday I'm wide open. Anyone down?
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    I live in Falmouth and typically try to ride a few times a week. My plan this week was for Tuesday and Thursday, maybe Wednesday if I don't make the TOT group ride at 5pm (good ride if you want to check of TOT with the NEMBA crew).

Post up on CC NEMBA Facebook page for others. Sailworld out of Buzzard's Bay does group rides too if you call them.

I'm planning for tomorrow but my rides typically don't start until 6ish.

mtbr member
    I might be able to swing the evening ride tomorrow night depending on what my parents are up to. But they are usually pretty flexible. I completely forgot about TOT, man its been years since I've ridden there as well. The NEMBA group ride is Wednesday at 5?
    2011 Trance x1

mtbr member
    Yep, if you're in Forestdale TOT isn't far. They leave the Farmersville Lot (off Farmersville Road/Race Lane) at 5pm so be prepped before. If you're on FB shoot the group a message. I typically can't make the Wednesday rides. But they are a blast.

If there is enough, some guys do a hammerfest for 1-1.5 hours (9-12 miles) and some take it easy. If not they mingle and just ride/have fun.

I ride Otis usually alone but can scrounge up folks. Can lead any ride you want; fast, slow, short, long, technical, hills, etc. (yes we have the last two on Cape for those of you sneering). I usually shoot for 1.5-2 hours and closer to 15 miles if I can.

mtbr member
    Steve -- I like the idea of busting out ~15 miles in couple hours tomorrow night. Honestly, I want to keep the ride to two hours or so and I don't think I could get that good of a ride in by myself if I'm confused half the time....it would probably end up being more like 7 miles. I'm an experienced rider but I'm not a racer and like to keep a medium pace. I do a variety of rides up here and the closest thing I can think of to the Cape in my area would be Franklin Falls and I do 10.5 miles with ~500 feet of climbing in about 1hr15 mins moving time. So yeah, if you want I'm down for an evening ride tomorrow!
    2011 Trance x1

mtbr member
    Mizza not sure if you saw my PMs. Anyway, heading out of the sandpile at 151/28 today at 5:30/5:45.

mtbr member
    Damn Steve i missed the PMs. Ended up riding Otis the other day and got about 6 miles in. Rode TOT yesterday and got a good 10 miles.

i can meet you at the trailhead at 5:30. Cool if i bring my dog?
    2011 Trance x1