mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Anyone down for morning rip in the fells??

Hey y'all...I live down the street from the "marjam" entrance or "bearhill" as some call it. Anyway, when conditions permit, I go solo right when gets light 'bout 6:30 or so....anyone down?? c'mon, right before work for an hour or so...drop me a line or just show up...I'll either be on a black ibis, or a white santa cruz hecker...sick ride, back in time to check into the 9-5. WHO'S IN??? Tuesday & Thrusday work for me...put yer gear on and ride!!

one less car
    Quote Originally Posted by JayB7
    Hey y'all...I live down the street from the "marjam" entrance or "bearhill" as some call it. Anyway, when conditions permit, I go solo right when gets light 'bout 6:30 or so....anyone down?? c'mon, right before work for an hour or so...drop me a line or just show up...I'll either be on a black ibis, or a white santa cruz hecker...sick ride, back in time to check into the 9-5. WHO'S IN??? Tuesday & Thrusday work for me...put yer gear on and ride!!
    it was sheet-ice this morning. you running studded tires?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whittij
    it was sheet-ice this morning. you running studded tires?
    I did go out this morning...totally useless...Still fun though, some of the trail edges had some hardpack. I have to pick up some studded skins man. ever make your own? I'm going see if anyone in the forum has ever made them. I'm not down with spending 100 bucks for a set

one less car
    I did go out this morning...totally useless...Still fun though, some of the trail edges had some hardpack. I have to pick up some studded skins man. ever make your own? I'm going see if anyone in the forum has ever made them. I'm not down with spending 100 bucks for a set
    i have a homemade set. they work, but are crazy heavy - and if you fall and get tangled-up in the tires, you're toast! big screws.

i'm sucking it up and buying a set of studded tires this yr. too many friends have been riding all sorts of lines (up ice-covered waterfalls, etc) and i'm itching to get out there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whittij
    i have a homemade set. they work, but are crazy heavy - and if you fall and get tangled-up in the tires, you're toast! big screws.

i'm sucking it up and buying a set of studded tires this yr. too many friends have been riding all sorts of lines (up ice-covered waterfalls, etc) and i'm itching to get out there.
    well now you got me looking, and after this mornings comedy act, I'll need the good stuff. I'll have to somehow sneak a set of these past the wife
    http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/studdedtires.asp

one less car
    well now you got me looking, and after this mornings comedy act, I'll need the good stuff. I'll have to somehow sneak a set of these past the wife
    http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/studdedtires.asp
    that's pretty damn funny considering i was just thinking about how to sneak 'em past my wife!