mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Any XC riding at Jiminy?

Coming home from work on Brodie Mtn Rd. I have noticed some orange signs with arrows attached to trees around Jiminy. I was wondering these were trail markers for XC trails?? Anybody know if there is any XC riding around or at Jiminy? Also, is there a way to link up Pittsfield forest with Jiminy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    check out this group they might be able to help.
    http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...ainbikingclub/

I'm about as far away from you as possible but I ride Pittsfield State Forest about 7 times a yr and I always go up to the top of Jiminy from Pittsfield side. but I've gone up from the other side also. I can't help you but give you the above link. I'm hoping I can hook up with that group Memorial day weekend.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by -kelly-
    Coming home from work on Brodie Mtn Rd. I have noticed some orange signs with arrows attached to trees around Jiminy. I was wondering these were trail markers for XC trails?? Anybody know if there is any XC riding around or at Jiminy? Also, is there a way to link up Pittsfield forest with Jiminy?
    The back side of jiminy peak is pittsfield st forest and balance rock st park . There is good singletrack in both and alot of challenging doubletrack as well i will be heading there this sunday and could show you around . pm me .Harry

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harryonaspot
    The back side of jiminy peak is pittsfield st forest and balance rock st park . There is good singletrack in both and alot of challenging doubletrack as well i will be heading there this sunday and could show you around . pm me .Harry
    We will have to take you up on this at a later date. This weekend is not good.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Would Balance Rock be a good place to park? If I ever make it out that way again I am familiar with Balance Rock. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    that's where I park. but I have to because my familiarity with the area is limited and I get lost in the Forest very easily if I stray.