mtbr member
    Sep 2005

any regular rides at Robinson during the week? even early morning/before work?

I use my office in Springfield usually once per week so I'm close to Robinson. I've only ridden there a few times so I don't know my way around well. Is anyone riding there with any regularity and don't mind if I jump on? After work rides are great but I ride before work sometimes too (start at 6am-ish) if that's appealing at all.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i haven't gotten a change to ride at robinson is it good? i hear great things..

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I haven't been this year yet and I can't remember if I rode there last year either... but I definitely hit Robinson in 2009 and 2010. Yes, the trails are good and a welcome break from the typical technical rock riding in New England. The trails are fast and flowing, but tight with a pine-needle base and some roots but overall smooth surface.

mtbr member
    Here's my GPS tracks from a ride I did there last year. It's about 18 or so miles.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    everytrail is the app you use. How do you like it for plotting your runs. i have been using run keeper but it doesn't display a run like this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddin22 View Post
    everytrail is the app you use. How do you like it for plotting your runs. i have been using run keeper but it doesn't display a run like this.
    I mainly use it just to share my tracks. If I'm plotting a road ride I typically use mapmyride

mtbr member
    May 2010
    o i c. yea i just try and track my trail riding. since i don't road bike. I would like to ride robinson state park at some point this summer

mtbr member
    I'm in Feeding Hills this week and would def like a ride with someone who knows the trails, otherwise I'm just going to jump in there and explore. Only rode there once but like the smooth flow of the trails.

PVNEMBA Prez-Steam Donkey
    I can give a tour most any evening, and very early on Wednesdays. Weekends are good too. Send an email. stevenrossi -at- rocketmail -dot- com
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I spent a very brief amount of time at Robinson today and it seems like fun riding. I'd love to meet up with some other riders there sometime.

PVNEMBA Prez-Steam Donkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2519 View Post
    I spent a very brief amount of time at Robinson today and it seems like fun riding. I'd love to meet up with some other riders there sometime.
    Was there two of you at around 4pm?

I can lead you around most anytime. My email is above.
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No we got there just after 7. I was with my girlfriend. We didn't have much time I just wanted to see how the trails were. I'll be going back with some friends after work once the weather clears up. Everywhere else we've been to is too technical for us right now, this place looks perfect.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i ride there every few weeks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I went on Sunday into the East end and again last night. Great single track! Once I found the good stuff now I'm pumped on that place! Not too technical, just windy smooth fun close trails to get my leg's back under me from not riding for a couple years.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    yeah once you find the single track it is very nice and flowy. and theres not many hills so you can get a good pace going and just cruise.