!snotrocket!

any other fatty's on cape??

I'm not talking about the ones you see at the mall either . just got mine built up and it's awesome! the cape just got a lot bigger with this thing in my stable. so far I hit great island in wellfleet and crows pasture in dennis and both spots were great. I was wondering if there were any other fat bike riders out here, if so what are your favorite spot's to ride?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any other fatty's on cape??-fb1.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-fb5.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-fb4.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-fb3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    bike must be good in the soft stuff right? pretty cool looking bike what are the specs on it and definately include how big those tires are?

!snotrocket!
    yeah the bike is great in the soft stuff, I thought it would turn impossible terrain into barley ridable but, it just cruises right over the mush like a dream... it's crazy!
    the frame is a 01' K2 brass monkey that had been collecting dust in my basement for years. I had the chain and seat stays cut and modified to accommodate the fat rear end. I used sun doublewide rims 47mm with a inova spyder 26x4 (more like 26x3.5) on the rear and a surly endomorph 26x3.7 on the front. I set it up as a 1x6 with 17t-34t cassette and a 34t ring up front. the fork is a surly 1x1 and it barley squeeze in. eventually I would like to get a pug fork a large marge rim for the front but, for now it rip's as is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any other fatty's on cape??-11.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-12.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-13.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-15.jpg  

mtbr member
    Cool to see fat tires on the east coast, especially on the cape...we ride them up here in the winter, but I'll even take mine out in the summer from time to time. They make riding possible year round. Next time I am back home I'll have to bring mine along.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any other fatty's on cape??-fat_tire1.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-fat_tire.jpg  

!snotrocket!
    nice pug! yeah definitely bring it out here with you... it's your all access pass to the national seashore.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i got a lot of projects that require fabrication so i am not really interested in putting some more stuff on my to do list...is there a manufacturer that makes these bikes ready to ride? i would much rather just fork over the cash, i don't think a bike like that should cost to much.

how is it on like the single track stuff with snow,

!snotrocket!
    there are a few manufacturers out there. the surly pugsley, speedway cycles fatback, and 907 to name a few and I think there is a guy in NH that make's fat frames called the perfect storm. do some searching around but, I think the pug will be your easiest solution as they are made for the masses. I have seen a few on fleabay for short change. as for the snow I'll have to wait for wednesday to find out... I hope it dumps!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    awesome, i moving back to the cape and this gives me hope. I usually ride tot, otis and ph.
    but this is a great idea for places like myles standish.

!snotrocket!
    good call on myles standish, I've heard that place is a sand trap. here are a few more form this am up at the head of the meadow in turo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any other fatty's on cape??-head1.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-2.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-3.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-4.jpg  

any other fatty's on cape??-5.jpg  

the test dummy
    i have a wanna be fat bike with 2.70 dh tires and i live on the cape in the summer does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben