blet drive

Cool-blue Rhythm any one have this bike

has any one spent some good time on this bike and what do you think of the tiers? It looks like it might be a really fun bike.

Stache 8 - Trek Bicycle
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    A former co-worker of mine in Rochester NY built one up recently, pretty much the same build as the Stache 8 but with SunRingle Black Flag wheels. He seems to love it, but before he decided on the Stache it took about two months to convince him that he didn't want his first mountain bike to be a fixie, so take it for what that's worth.

But really, if what you want is a 29er hardtail with more AM than XC geometry, it's a pretty good choice. It's frame is stiff, with the checkboxes a trail bike needs these days, has a decent part spec, and is supposedly relatively nimble for what it is. My only word of caution is about the Bontrager Duster wheelset. It'll get you by for a season if you have to, but I'd put some money into nicer wheels straight away.

blet drive
    cool thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    For another option in the same idea, check out the Banshee Paradox. Blackstone Bikes sells a lot of them.
    Blackstone Bicycles

mtbr member
    Not sure if you read Dirt Rag or not, but there is a nice little review of that bike in the latest issue.

It doesnt appear to be on the website yet; but they seemed to like it and after reading, so did I.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Not sure if you read Dirt Rag or not, but there is a nice little review of that bike in the latest issue.

It doesnt appear to be on the website yet; but they seemed to like it and after reading, so did I.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM
    You can ignore pain. You can't ignore death.
    You could appear to ignore it but you'd actually just be dead.
    Just sayin
    Never had a Trek

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaner View Post
    You can ignore pain. You can't ignore death.
    You could appear to ignore it but you'd actually just be dead.
    Just sayin
    Never had a Trek
    It's a Jim Morrison quote dude; dont take it literally.... And BTW-- Death doesn't necessarily mean it's the end my friend...

mtbr member
    KONAWORLD

Another Am 29er for less money. I also agree with dbraxis on the Paradox suggestion, which is what I purchased from Blackstone.

blet drive
    cool thanks for all the input