Fireball in the Night

Any non-bike Must Do/See in Boston?

I'm in Boston for biz for the next 10 days with 3 others who are non-bikers, and I have put myself in charge of finding the social / dining / drinking hotspots that are a taxi ride from North Revere (hotel) and the Boston Convention Center (event)

Somebody mentioned Redbones BBQ.
    Somebody mentioned Faneuil Hall.

What's on the list to keep 4 people busy midweek and into next wknd?

~ Rex
    everyone drives a Used Car

mtbr member

Faneuil Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Skidmore
    I'm in Boston for biz for the next 10 days with 3 others who are non-bikers, and I have put myself in charge of finding the social / dining / drinking hotspots that are a taxi ride from North Revere (hotel) and the Boston Convention Center (event)

~ Rex
    That's a perfect start,than maybe make your way over to the North End.Good luck.CF..

MC MasterShake
    Redbones BBQ is in Davis Square. It's worth a night out. Redbones has excellent southern style BBQ and really good bar. There's a handful of bars in the area, including The Burren, that are fun to hit. Fanuel Hall is good for a couple of nights. That's probably more interesting closer to the weekend. Copley Square has some fun bars and restaurants. Then there's Harvard Square of course. That should be plenty for good food and good bars.

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Pizzeria Regina in the north end on Thatcher st. is the best. Nothing beats Fanieul hall when the weather is nice. Lots to see, do and drink. If the Sox are in town..........Good luck getting tickets but definetly worth it.

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    The Top of the Hub Restaurant on the top floor of the Prudential Tower. Great food and views.

Take a walk on the Esplanade along the Charles River. On the w/ends there's often a lot going on.

The Red Sox are playing at home from Tues thru the w/end. Even if you don't plan to go to any games, head down to Lansdowne st around game time to take in the festivities. There's some good bars right outside the stadium.
    Busy monster eats dark holes in the spirit world
    Where wild things have to go
    To disappear
    Forever... - B.C.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobretti
    There's some good bars right outside the stadium.
    CASK N' FLAGON!!!!

mtbr member
    Hey if you're gonna be in Revere, can't forget the Squire Lounge

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Skidmore

~ Rex
    Fine Dining in Revere.

If you say it fast enough, it almost sounds like "Topless Bar."
    Last edited by tvrbob86; 06-10-2007 at 05:51 AM.

"The Freak Show"
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet413
    CASK N' FLAGON!!!!
    I 2nd that one!!! I'll be there for the Sox game on Fathers day.
    Go big or go home in a wheel chair!
    Info on 2011 racing season

Fireball in the Night
    Thanks, everyone, I'll put it all to use!! Didn't have this list and we stumbled into the Union Oyster House today and then Ben Franklin walked in! Opened in 1826 and remains the longest continuous use restaurant in America. (or something similar to that claim)

Thunderstorms in June are a huge contrast to the non-weather we have at home.

Missing my bikes.

~ Rex

EDIT: Changed the year. 1628 was a little early.
    Last edited by Rex_Skidmore; 06-12-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I almost forgot If you go to Regina bring cash. They don't take credit there.

Who are the brain police?
    some of this is a repeat but...

Catch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Buy the sh|ttiest cheap seats you can then loiter in the standing area behind 3rd. Great view. Hit the bars on Landsdown Street & stop in the Cask 'n Flagon. Boston Beer Works is a worthy visit for micro-brews in that same area.

Check out the Museum of Fine Arts or the Isabella Gardner Museum.

Make sure to hit the "fine dining" posted above.

Could take a day trip to Martha's Vineyard or Provincetown (literally an 'alternative" community, but a trip none the less.).

Catch a flick at the Mugar IMAX theatre (5 story dome -huge). Its worth the visit.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

rack admirer

more

play pool at Felt
    eat fish at Mccormick & Schmidt or at Legal Seafood. (Let the business pay for this one)
    Public Ferry Transportation to George's Island, a civil war POW camp, you can ferry to Provincetown, too.
    Avalon for nightclub
    check out Thursday boston glove for live music bar listings
    Renting a car?
    Whale watch or Lunch boat rides out of Rowes wharf next to the aquarium
    Imax theater at Mus of Science gets a second vote.
    MCM # 57

Fireball in the Night

THANKS to everyone

Huge thanks for all the suggestions. We really enjoyed your territory and the people we met when we had the occasional time off.

Have to add to the list a dive of sorts that we enjoyed : Kowloon, on Broadway in Saugus, MA. Comedy upstairs, bar and DJ w/o dancing downstairs, and a big Chinese food restaurant on the other half of the place. It was nearby one night and had more than enough single women. How many is enough? Only you can answer that question.

Also really liked a restaurant called Florentine at 333 Hangover Street. Why? They got the food right on every order at our table, from the appetizer to the dessert.

Gotta love those Conference Bikes.

I thought the $29 for the Trolley Tour was a little high, and we should have searched for some kind of discount, but it was an impulsive thing we did before taking somebody to the airport and our driver, Art, made it worth it as he narrated every last detail of history and local sights, etc. He kept a solidly positive attitude throughout our entire trip, even after taking out a whitecap driving a Volvo and swapping insurance info.

I don't know what Art is on, but I want some!

~ Rex