mtbr member

Any Chicopee State Park riders out there?

I live very close to Chicopee State Park and ride there all the time. I would love to meet a few locals who might want to ride together sometime. I go out there all the time but am not too fond of being in the woods solo so I tend to cut those rides short.

Is there anybody out there?

mtbr member
    See if you just came back to the BV you wouldnt be having a shortage of riding partners.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeland2
    See if you just came back to the BV you wouldnt be having a shortage of riding partners.
    HEY! Stay outta my posts dork-breath!!!! LOL.... I miss you guys enough - stop teasing me!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by irishblue76
    HEY! Stay outta my posts dork-breath!!!! LOL.... I miss you guys enough - stop teasing me!
    Yeah I know I even felt bad typing it. Well I almost felt bad typing it.

mtbr member
    I have to say, so far this thread is not turning out the way I had hoped... LOL

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Is there a chicopee state park? I've never been.

If you want to head north a tad up the valley, I can show you some fun stuff. The Deerfield Ridge is a personal favorite with lots of options from brutal climbs to nice cruisers, and only minutes from I-91. Any time you need a break, give me a yell and I'll give you the tour.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Thanks, hado! I'll definately take you up on that sometime!

mtbr member
    im from chicopee, havent ridden in the park in years tho, i need to start up again now that i just picked up my new bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i live in chicopee as well. i always hear about good trails there but i can't seem to find them lol. i could use someone to show me around maybe. what kind of riding do you like to do?

mtbr member
    dan do u have a brother named rob?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yes i do lol

mtbr member
    nice i went to school with him from st.stans till graduating high school

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    haha whos this?

mtbr member
    Just got back into riding and have been riding out back of ashley on the atv/ moto trails. Its rocky, ripped up from the moto's. I used to ride a lil; across from he animal hospital heading towards thge 141 entrance of Mt. Tom. Where is tyhe best entrance for hitting those trails from the log cabin heading back down into holyoke? Would love to go riding with some one that knows the area. I live near HCC and could meet there when ever. Hit me up if you want to go for a ride. redsock06@yahoo.com thanks. I would love to find actual mtb trails instead of this technical ripped up trail riding i have been doing. I used to live right next to robinson park in agawam, and spent thousands of miles riding in there about 12 years ago. thats the kind of riding i am looking for. Fast swoopy lines with sweet wash out gulleys for half pipe like jumping. well shaped like a half pipe with a kicker at the top of the other side.

Also looking fior some new rubber, I bought a giant tance 2 and the kenda komoda's werent to my liking so i threw my old trek kahuna's on and hate the rear . I have been looking at High Rollers 26 x 2.1 65a's. I keep being told Kenda nev's and Maxxis crossmarks. I want to run rolles or advantages thjough. Anyone got any opinions? sorry for the long and shitty grammer post . it was a shitty night at work and the high lifes are flowing. lol Also want to get some guidance of chicopee state park, like where is the best entrance point? thinking right at the end of 33 where it meets 116?
    Ridin and the Bo-Sox, Gotta love spring!! Trade out or sell my '08 Trance 2 frame or whole bike (4.2 rear travel)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

I ride there all the time

I'm from monson so i head out there pretty often, I loved all the bermed downhills behind the air base, some of the single track stuff is a blast too, I ride a Trek Fuel 80, i'm usually with a friend on a red specialized or a kona hardtail.

mtbr member
    Is there trails out behind the base? I found some write up's on Chicopee state park saying it was at the end of the pike in ludlow and doesnt sound like enough riding fun to justify going out there. Where would you enter to get the trails yer talking about.
    Ridin and the Bo-Sox, Gotta love spring!! Trade out or sell my '08 Trance 2 frame or whole bike (4.2 rear travel)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    well, i usually go into the park from the back of the lot at the restaurant down the street from the actual park entrance. I usually start my loop at the trail at the back of the picnic area by the river, or cross the dam and start on the single track, if you ride around and explore enough you'll find all the trails. it's really fun riding, lots of flowy bermed stuff out towards westover, there's a dirt atv track that runs along the base fence, it's cool cuz it's right next to the runway if planes are taking off or landing, theres a set or two of bmx dirt jumps out near the base if you are brave enough. There is at least three hours of riding if you hit every trail and you are really cruising and know the trails, but first time i was out there we just went and explored for a whole afternoon. there is some technical riding, some good downhills, a few stream crossings, the dirt jumps, some awesome climbs, and the single track stuff winds through through the trees and is a blast. The thing I like about chicopee is you can ride the whole park if you are a reasonably good rider, there's very little hike-a-bike. It's not super technical and rocky like shenipsit. just fun/fast riding. To get there from the pike just take exit 6, take a right instead of getting on 291, the restaurant has a big dirt lot in the back where the trail cuts through to the state park, or go into the actual park entrance right up the street.

mtbr member
    sp park behind the fifies diner? sweet I will be checking it out in the next two days

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha
    sp park behind the fifies diner? sweet I will be checking it out in the next two days
    I think he means Dr. Deegans. I may check it out too. I work 2 mins from there. Never been, I've heard mixed reviews, time to see for myself. I usually ride batchelor St., love that place.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    yea, it's dr. deegans