mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004

another moving to boston thread....

Moving to the milford/hopkinton/ around there area, and I'm looking for some info. I have 3 young kids and was looking to find info about which areas i should look into...such as school systems that are better than others, and family oriented neighborhoods that kind of thing.
    thanks...

mtbr member
    Try posting at the NEMBA website www.nemba.org there are a bunch of guys who post often there from the Milford/ Hopkinton area. They should be plenty helpful.
    Super group of people over there. Good luck

Scott

rack admirer

Holliston rocks if you have the cash

That whole area has been inflated by EMC's growth and success. Holliston schools and community are strong. Unless you are moving from NYC or Cal, expect sticker shock on housing. If you have unlimited cash, look a town or 2 east in Dover/Sherborn. Less cash, a town south or west like Bellingham or Hopedale. Milford is organized as a city, a little bit crowded. Find a home in Holliston or Hopkinton or Milford abutting the conservation lands surounding viet nam and we'll all come to the group rides that you host.
    MCM # 57

mtbr member

stay out of milford

Quote Originally Posted by mcd
    Moving to the milford/hopkinton/ around there area, and I'm looking for some info. I have 3 young kids and was looking to find info about which areas i should look into...such as school systems that are better than others, and family oriented neighborhoods that kind of thing.
    thanks...
    You are moving to one great place to ride! A lot of great things should be starting to happen to "vietnam" and if it doesn't it, is already great riding. There are other great state parks to ride around in the area as well (ie: douglas woods). Most of the communities surrounding milford are nice, even closer towards rt 146. If you do care about school systems, stay out of milford and don't get too close to Worcester!
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004

thanks for the help...

Most of the communities surrounding milford are nice, even closer towards rt 146. If you do care about school systems, stay out of milford and don't get too close to Worcester!

aha! should i also stay away from hopedale, bellingham, upton, northbridge etc...? seems like everyone likes the east side of 495, so what about framingham and that area?

thanks again though...

Who are the brain police?
    Having the milford/hopkinton area in your backyard will be real nice. Good luck..
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us