mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Another Mass Question

I am looking to find information about any local X-C Mt races. Does anyone know of any races that are not super technical? Something that a beginner could handle. I have been a competitive long distance runner for several years and due to injuries decided/was told to either pick up cycling or swimming or risk walking with a limp much earlier in life than I would like. I am still learning how to “ride” and have not really challenged myself on a tough trails (because I do not know where they are). Just like running, I need a goal, something to work towards. I pick reading posts by different people saying they ride well, there’re just out of shape…I’m the opposite, great shape, suck at riding. Anyway, any help anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

Know any good trails?

Visit your Local Bike Shops

Quote Originally Posted by beachrunner4
    I am looking to find information about any local X-C Mt races. Does anyone know of any races that are not super technical? Something that a beginner could handle. I have been a competitive long distance runner for several years and due to injuries decided/was told to either pick up cycling or swimming or risk walking with a limp much earlier in life than I would like. I am still learning how to “ride” and have not really challenged myself on a tough trails (because I do not know where they are). Just like running, I need a goal, something to work towards. I pick reading posts by different people saying they ride well, there’re just out of shape…I’m the opposite, great shape, suck at riding. Anyway, any help anyone could provide would be much appreciated.
    Find your LBS and stop in. They always have stuff posted, plus they'll give you the run down on regional events and trails.

Also, look into www.nemba.org for rides and information.

Good luck!
    Me: "You're welcome to sleep over here in the A/C."
    Her: "I appreciate the offer, but I will just sleep in the tent."