mtbr member

Listen! 2nd Annual Trails for Nails Charity Mountain Bike Ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greater Springfield Habitat for Humanity (GSHFH) is once again asking supporters to "hit the trail." On Saturday, June 12 at 10:30 a.m., mountain bikers from across the region will participate in the second annual "Trails for Nails" - a 20-mile ride at Robinson State Park in Agawam, Mass.

This unique fundraiser features two laps on a 10-mile loop, which can be ridden solo or as a part of a two-person team, crossing a wide variety of terrain. It doesnít matter if you are just getting your feet wet in the sport or if youíre a seasoned rider, Trails for Nails can accommodate all skill levels. For those that canít do the full 10 or 20 miles, thatís fine, too!

This year we are adding a family/casual loop. This 3-4 mile ride is geared toward families and people looking to get on their bikes and support the cause but are not ready for 10 or 20 miles.

Riders have two options to get more information or register:
    Option One:
    Go to www.bikereg.com and search Trails for Nails pay the $30 registration and show up.
    Option Two:
    Go to www.habitatspringfield.org "click" on the Trails for Nails logo and register here. This option allows you aim high and set an additional fund raising goal.

A raffle will be held in conjunction with the ride on June 12, 2010.

Come out and kick off the summer with Habitat!

Visit the ride on Facebook!! Become a fan, get all the updates!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Looking forward to it. Any idea (give or take) how many people will be showing up? And will there be a lunch of some sort? I ask because I work at the Friendly's headquarters in Wilbraham and I convinced the folks in public affairs to donate some 6-gallon cans of ice cream to the event if it's wanted. You'll need some way to keep it cold as the ONE freezer cart is apparently booked that day, and you'll need a volunteer to scoop (not it!). How can I get ahold of someone? Haven't been able to find any contact info. Thanks.
    -MF

mtbr member
    MF,
    I'm glad you are looking forward to the ride. It should be a great time and it's for a great cause. There will be a lunch. The Agawam Lions club is a great supporter of the ride. They donate lunch as well as volunteer their time to cook and serve it to the riders. The lunch is a pasta meal with salad and bread. Right know we have 20-25 registered riders. There is still two weeks until the ride. I hope to see 50 riders. You can contact me by e-mail at jtsitso@comcast.net or by calling me on my cell 413.262.1257. I look forward to talking to you about the ride and Friendly's coming aboard with the inkind donation.