Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    Thanks Brett,

This is one of the hardest races around, it is technical, with lots of climbing and some screaming downhills. It is a race for real mountain bikers not the typical roadie weight weenie types. It is also the reason it is my favorite race because if you have decent wind and good technical skills you can put the hurt on the xc guys who ride road most of the time and race dirt on the weekend. While they are carrying their bikes and running, one can blast by them and pull away.

As far as doing 3 laps and not being an Elite, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a serious masochist, 2 laps and I am very done. What is great is that you can swim in the lake after and get a good burger or pulled pork sandwich.

It is a good cause, with money going to the Boy Scouts for improvements and you get to ride some tough singletrack that isn't open to ride any other time during the year. Hope to see you there.

-Nolan
    sounds fun and pretty daunting though at the same time, especially for an early season race. I have put some good trainer and road miles in, but with the weather and trails being closed until recently, i hardly have any MTB miles. Is it comparable to any other known technical race in Mass or NH?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    How was the tread last night...?? wet, dry?

blet drive
    icycle thanks for coming by the shop today, and I am glad that we could help out.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wgerow View Post
    How was the tread last night...?? wet, dry?
    There were a few wet areas for sure, but most of the course was perfect. Streams are all still running, which help create those negative ions that make everyone happy
    See you at the Treasure Valley Rally XC MTB race in Rutland, MA on NEW DATE Saturday May 10, 2014

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5 View Post
    icycle thanks for coming by the shop today, and I am glad that we could help out.
    Yeah, thanks to you guys!
    See you at the Treasure Valley Rally XC MTB race in Rutland, MA on NEW DATE Saturday May 10, 2014

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    a good karma racer lent my his Park Tool tire levers when i flatted out during today's race. If by any chance you see this, hit me up and i can mail them to you….

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Race day lost & found: Garmin Edge computer, pair of black Fox gloves, kids Ironman 2 umbrella, and a blue/white umbrella with wood handle. Oh, and dozens of water bottles...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2