mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2012 Treasure Valley Rally: Sunday Aug 26, 2012

Team BUMS is proud to present the 2012 Treasure Valley Rally coming up real soon on

Sunday August 26, 2012

This will be our 5th annual event! We've been posting regular updates on Facebook ( http://facebook.com/treasurevalleyrally ) all summer but have neglected some other regional forums (until now!) so apologies for that.

First, some quick links for you:

Pre-reg here: http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=15748
    (first 100 pre-reg get choice of custom T-shirt or lunch meal)
    Event site: 2012 Treasure Valley Rally
    Flyer: http://teambums.com/tvr/TVR_Flyer.pdf (would welcome you to post at your local shop and upcoming races)

Changes for this year's race:

* on their 2nd lap (only) sports will shortcut the course like the novices do on their lap and the elites do on their 3rd lap. This means:
    ** novices do ~3/4 lap
    ** clydesdales do 1 lap
    ** sports do 1 3/4 laps
    ** experts/SS do 2 laps
    ** elites do 2 3/4 laps

* Attention JUNIOR racers: top overall Junior (age 18 and under on Dec 31, 2012) male and female will receive a brand new Titanium seatpost ($170 value) donated by Carver Bikes/Bikeman.com! See Ti Seatpost

* custom cast MEDALS this year to podium finishers! See picture of the design on our Facebook page.

* We ordered more shirts than ever which means we'll need to be selling them at the event and maybe beforehand as well.

This year's SPONSORS helping to make it happen:
    * Bikeman.com ( Cool Bike Parts and Accessories from the Coast of Maine since 1976 )
    * Scott Nelson and Son Artists ( Scott Nelson and Son - Cartoonist/Artist/Illustrator )
    * Cove Insurance ( Cove Insurance Agency )
    * Ramsey Rehab ( Physical Therapy for Worcester MA, Gardner MA, Concord MA, Lowell MA and Fort Devens MA )
    * Milford 495 Rental Center ( Milford 495 Rental Center, 189 Medway Rd. Milford, MA 01757 )
    * Floods Auto & Tire Center

We're also trying to get a MASSAGE TENT on site, will let you know if that happens. We considered, then discarded, the idea for having a live band play at the race. Just so much going on during the day that we felt it'd be tough to make it worthwhile for both the racers and the band.

PRE-RIDE the course the day before, anytime Saturday Aug 25. Course will be marked. Course was fully pruned and leaf blown last weekend!

Why race the TVR?

* It's a real MTB course that will challenge both bike and rider, yet there are a variety of distance options appropriate for your ability.

* there's a beach, lake, and barbeque on site for your post-race pleasure

* it's for a great cause, see what Team Bums and this race is all about in this one page sponsor appeal: http://goo.gl/Vs4Tb

* it's fairly central to the New England region

* All 744 previous racers we've served loved it. Trust me!

Thanks for reading,
    Brett
    See you at the Treasure Valley Rally XC MTB race in Rutland, MA on NEW DATE Saturday May 10, 2014

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm so bummed I missed this... new to the MTBR forums and had no idea Treasure Valley had a race held their. I used to camp there for a week every summer as a Boy Scout back in the day, and Camp Proctor is named after my great-grandather.

Are there any trails near or including TV that are legal to ride? I probably still know how to navigate that place even though it's been almost 20 years.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I'm so bummed I missed this... new to the MTBR forums and had no idea Treasure Valley had a race held their. I used to camp there for a week every summer as a Boy Scout back in the day, and Camp Proctor is named after my great-grandather.

Are there any trails near or including TV that are legal to ride? I probably still know how to navigate that place even though it's been almost 20 years.
    It's great that back in your day you actually navigated the land there--from what I've heard and can tell, the trail network currently doesn't see much use from the Scouts.

I am working with the owners of TV to hopefully craft a usage policy that will work for the public, but fully open access to the public is pretty much off the table. They are hoping to build a nationally ranked Scout mountain biking program, but having public on the land is still a risk for Scout safety. For now, the public is only officially allowed to use the Midstate Trail which passes right through Treasure Valley. Many rivers to cross yet, but fingers crossed. I'll certainly post something on the MTBR MA forum when progress is made.
    See you at the Treasure Valley Rally XC MTB race in Rutland, MA on NEW DATE Saturday May 10, 2014