Thirsty

Wolf Ridge 6.9 Weight

Anyone have an idea what a size large 2009 Wolf Ridge 6.9 weighs stock? Thanks.

Thirsty
    No one knows?

Guesswho117
    Jan 2008
    I had a stock 07 Mt Vision in a large and it came in at 31 lbs. I currently have a stock 08 Quake 7.3 and that weighs 40 lbs. My best guess would it weighs around 34 lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Can't say for the 6.9, but according to this mtbr review, the 6.7 weighs 35 lbs:

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/marin-w...67-pro-review/

on my 3rd wind...
    08 Wolfridge med frame with seat post collar weighs exactly 7.16lbs on the digital scale for those interested in knowing.

08 Mountain Vision (also RZ and EP) med frame with seat post collar weighs 7.04lbs.
    sth

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    08 Wolfridge med frame with seat post collar weighs exactly 7.16lbs on the digital scale for those interested in knowing.

08 Mountain Vision (also RZ and EP) med frame with seat post collar weighs 7.04lbs.
    Thanks for weighing both frames!!

Its interesting to note that other than the geometry differences, ISCG tabs and a bit of reinforcement in the headtube both frames are similar in weight.

Since the weight difference is neglible I would have preferred that Marin use the Wolfridge frame for the Mount Vision and only change the geometry between the two.

Actually I'm not sure if the Wolfridge has ISCG mounts. Marin's UK site indicates that only the Attack Trail has ISCG mounts.

on my 3rd wind...
    08 WR don't have ISCG mount. Don't know about 09 though.

I just got done building WR today. It weighs 30-30.5lbs on the bathroom scale. Most reviews I read said stock WR weighs 33-34lbs. Not sure why mine is so much lighter. Beside the weight saving from Easton Havoc wheel, I am not sure where all the weight saving is coming from.
    sth

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    my wolfridge frame in small size came in at 3.7kg with headset, seatclamp, maxle rear attached. So the frame should be around 3.5kgish

mtbr member
    I believe that last years Wolf Ridge was 34lbs. Being the 6.9 has a little nicer spec, I don't imagine it weighs much more than that now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Is that with or without the shock?

THX

on my 3rd wind...
    Weighed with Fox RP23 shock, seatpost collar, and dropout. No headset, skewer, or rear maxle.

WR is anodized and EP has powder coat finish.
    sth

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackhound

WR is anodized and EP has powder coat finish.
    Are you sure that WR 6.9 is anodized?

Sorry to get a bit out of topic but i read that WR rear travel is 146 and not 140, can someone confirm if it is true or false?!?

on my 3rd wind...
    My WR is 2008 and 100% anodized. Maybe some don't.

With Marin's Quad-link axle path- rearward then rotating around the bb- it may be difficult to measure the actual travel length. AFAIK, it's 5.5". Question is how do you quantify rear travel. Is it perpendicular vertical distance or length of the Quad-link axle path?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sth

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Smile Marin Wolf Ridge

Hello anybody here can help me where to buy marin wolf ridge frame... Even it is 2nd hand its ok... I want to change my mountain bike frame, that why i'm finding a Marin Wolf Ridge Frame.. Thank You

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Somebody here can help me where to buy Marin Wolf Ridge 2008 Frame only.. Thank you

on my 3rd wind...
    sth