mtbr member
    Oct 2013

WHere do you get Marin parts?

Hi,
    We have a 2003 Marin Wolf Ridge that we are trying to build up, starting with the rear shock hardware. I finally found an exploded view diagram (Found a copy on a non-Marin web site as the Marin ones have been removed), and see a list of parts which I think would be worth trying. I even have part numbers.

Where in the world can I get these parts? Google searches result in no hits. Here are a few numbers just for reference..

shaft 97-3036
    top hat bushes TOPHAT2012
    collar 97-3035

A number of web searches located exploded view documents which appear to have been recently removed from the marin UK site. I see that Marin changed ownership recently. Marin always had a good reputation in my mind, but this inability to find parts, exploded views, or any information about older bikes makes me rethink who they are. The removal of previously existing information is a bad sign. Seems like they make it intentionally difficult to get spare parts for some reason. As if I would buy a new Marin because I can't find parts for my old one.

Am I just looking in the wrong places or is the above indicative of they way Marin is to deal with?

BTW, the above parts are still in use, I found them in a document covering a 2012 bike. So, I'm not hunting relics here.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Have you contacted Marin or a Marin dealer?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I sent Marin an email looking for exploded parts pictures or other information late last week. No reply.

Been to 2 bike shops. One was a hippie/commuter bike shop, wrong place to try. The other just couldn't help. Both very friendly. I have a few more local shops to try. According to Marin's web site, REI is the only 'dealer' nearby. Am I correct that REI is a big box store with no ability to help here? I've never been to one.

Aside from the rear shock mounting, the rest of the bike will take standard components, right? Fork, wheels, headset etc? I hope?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    REI is a large chain, but not a "big box" like Target or Sports Authority. Most stores have a full service bike shop, you should be able to find out what services your local location has by looking up the store on REI's web site. They can get the parts for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Contacted REI, said I could bring the bike in and they would take a look. However they also mentioned that I would need to order from Marin myself, and that they don't have detail parts lists/diagrams for my exact bike, just generic documentation. Maybe I misunderstood.

Marin seems to not have a phone number for me to call, just a web form which I could not imagine being able to manage a parts order thru.

I'll bring it to REI and maybe it will all work out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I heard back from someone at Marin. Hopefully between that person and the people at REI we should be able to get this solved.

mtbr member
    you might try ebay..but I doubt you will have any luck finding parts for a bike that old...I have 2 bikes that age...an 04 wolf ridge and a 03 attack trail...all the ridge needs is a new swingarm..I contacted dealers and REI and they all told me it was just too old and Marin doesnt make the parts anymore..which stinks...cause I miss those bikes..(I think the AT has stress cracks on it..so it would good for a parts bike)..my advice is to look on ebay for a similar bike and either get the parts off that..or use your other bike for parts.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.