Papa T

Shocks Size & Spec for 2007 Mt. Vision Pro?

Hi all. I have a warranty replacement frame in the mail from Marin to replace my 2006 Rock Springs. I still have the Fox Float rear shock from the RS. Wondering if it will play nice in the 2007 Mt Vision frame? Probably not, but perhaps someone can chime in on what rear shock(s) I should get for the replacement frame?

Since I already replaced the broken frame out of my pocket with a 2010 AT frame, I want to use this second one as an SS FS. Should be fun. I will definitely use a chain tensioner to account for the chain growth.

Thanks,

Tbucket
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

mtbr member

mt vision shock...i have one

Turns out, I have the perfect shock for you in my garage, that came off of an 08 Mt. Vision. I too got the AT on warranty after breaking the MV, so I have an extra shock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Rear shock

Hi i have a marin mount vision xc quad and wondered if you could tell mt the shock dimentions that it is a i have a non standard shock fitted and need to buy a new one cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty40 View Post
    Hi i have a marin mount vision xc quad and wondered if you could tell mt the shock dimentions that it is a i have a non standard shock fitted and need to buy a new one cheers
    I'm not 100% sure, but it might be 7x2.5? Either way, I have the exact Fox RP23 that you need and I'm selling it. It came off my old MV. $100 obo.