Thread: Quake Sizing

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Quake Sizing

I'm looking to pick up a Quake from PedalShop but want to make sure I'm getting the right size, since there aren't any around here to test. I'm 6'0" with a true 34" inseam, and currently I ride a Large Heckler with a 60mm stem, for FR. For regular riding, I'll put a 90mm stem on it.

Mike says medium or large would work, but leans towards the medium. I'm planning to set it up with a 180mm fork for dedicated park riding. Input?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn D.
    I'm looking to pick up a Quake from PedalShop but want to make sure I'm getting the right size, since there aren't any around here to test. I'm 6'0" with a true 34" inseam, and currently I ride a Large Heckler with a 60mm stem, for FR. For regular riding, I'll put a 90mm stem on it.

Mike says medium or large would work, but leans towards the medium. I'm planning to set it up with a 180mm fork for dedicated park riding. Input?
    I struggled with this earlier in the year. I ended up buying a medium 2010 Quake 7.9. I am also 6' and wear 34" pants. I ride a large Cannondale Prophet.

The Quake initially felt very small compared to my Prophet, they claim the medium works for people up to 6'2" - not sure how they come up with that?

I put an SDG I beam saddle and post on the bike to move the saddle back a little over an inch. The 2010 Quakes have a very steep seat tubea which puts the saddle too close to the bars. I am using the stock Syncros 55mm FR stem which is good for FR/DH You could put a longer stem on the bike but I only use mine for parks so there isn't really any point.

2009 are different. I am very happy with the 2010 bike.

mtbr member
    medium for people up to 6'2"? yeah -- that's a bit much if you ask me.

I felt the same way when I did my first Quake -- bought a medium - was like, oh boy, I should have gotten a large but, after riding it for a while, it was plain to see the medium fit me great. I'm also 6 foot but l have a 32" inseam. either way, the bike @ medium fits me great. For a short time I was pimpin' the large - it was ok for me but I think the medium was a better fit. besides, messing with a longer stem or a post with more set-back is an easy fix.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    with some slight mods...

SLX cranks
    990 SRAM cassette
    medium cage Sram 5.0 rear --- l don't get why Marin stocks the bike with a long cage.
    Velo saddle (white is right)
    Time Z pedals

headset's going -- will be replaced

and we're gonna replace the fork with a Totem.

that Zoke is going bye bye *for $400
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quake Sizing-1113001548.jpg  

Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...