Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pics

mtbr member
    you're gonna like the revelation. Hint: run as much air, or 5-10 psi MORE in the negative air chamber. It will make the fork more plush and handle the small bumps better.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Trail Bros Near the local auto shop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-2011.04.24-easter-eggs-4-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice Pic. I've got both bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Pulp, I do really lke the Rev. I have it set up with 5 more psi in the neg chamber. Man it is PLUSH and SOLID ! I have not been able to ride as much latley as I would liek to, but oh well. I will get to ride a lot soon.

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010

My Marin Bear Valley 1989
    Frame. Tange chromoly
    Rear Der. Mountain LX
    Front Der. Mountain LX
    Shimano TX50 shifters
    Promax front and Shimano U brake/Horseshoe rear
    Shimano Exage levers
    Araya rims
    Kenda Krusher 2.10's
    Shimano Biopace chainwheels
    Shimano cranks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Flboy the new frame looks super sexy! Enjoy it. I've tried the revelation on my buddy's bike and to me it felt super plush (me being used to FOX F120).

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Here is my 2010 Mt Vision. I bought just the frame w/RP2 shock from Adrenaline for $650 shipped. Built it up with all the parts from my old (and now cracked) MKIII. She is not light (something like 31.5), but I hope to get these hubs re-built with something lighter than the Maxic XM321 rims on there now. It took a little while to feel the love, but she is growing on me each time I ride it.

The only changes since this pic are the tires have been replaced with 2.4 / 2.25 Nobby Nics, and I have a slightly wider bar on there.

The fork is a PUSHed Pike Uturn coil. I generally run it at around 118-125mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-marin.jpg  

15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

Undercaffienated

Just put on a new wheelset, tires and a bunch of XTR parts. Going riding in the Alps next week! I love this bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My 650B MV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-dscf0032.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My 650B WR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-dscf0036.jpg  

Pics-dscf0063.jpg  

Last edited by gvs_nz; 07-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.

mtbr member
    So how does the WR ride with the bigger wheels? Any bottom out issues?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    No bottom out issues on either even though MV rear wheel will touch at 49mm travel. WR has clearance so is fine. 650B is a good mod to any 26" front. In loose conditions there is a 29erish stability and grip. I can't see myself riding the MV without it now. The WR is slacker with longer wheel base so doesn't need the stability,but it definitely improves cornering grip in loose conditions. I ride some trails which are hard packed shuttle runs. On those trails I can't push it hard enough to notice any extra cornering grip but the bike feels like it has extra zip on the downs.

Adding the 650B rear gives a lift in speed which is nice. Haven't done any back to back tests over rough terrain yet to determine if it smooths out the trail much. After initial riding with the odd sharp edged tree root I would say it's not night and day difference. Like a 29er you would notice the difference in rollover more in moderate rocky terrain which I don't have.

I've got a Anthem X 29er and it's not a patch on the 650b WR on the big stuff. I won't be rushing to get a 29er Trail bike as I think a 650B 5.5" to 6" trail bike is were it's at.
    The 2011 MV XM series has almost identical Geometry to the WR. So that should be a 650B sleeper.
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 07-26-2011 at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Good pics!....I'm about to post one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    This is my first 29er...It's a totally stock 2011 Marin Bolinas Ridge. Very happy with it. I plan a few mods in the future.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm liking the bikes in this thread

After MTBR informing me that I haven't posted in a while I have decided to upload a few photos of my 2003 Indian Fire Trail.

It is mainly made up of old components from my main bike hence some of the colour mismatching. I use it in the wet weather.

Installed the following saddle a few weeks ago because the old one broke:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice bike. Very impressive collection of old components. I had an early 90's Indian Fire Trail with polished alloy frame.

mtbr member

Wolf Ridge

About to boot it on the Megavalanche course in France.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-wolf-ridge.jpg  

mtbr member
    This is my old 06 Wolf Ridge, my first long travel full suspension, I loved this bike, it used to sit in my living room next to my tv and I would watch it almost as much. I gave it to my brother in law so it's still in the family. I upgraded to 2011 Enduro Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-marin-annadel.jpg  

Pics-marin-annadel-2.jpg  

mtbr member

Pretty stock, but really am enjoying the ride/feel of this bike. It's my first 29r. Upgraded front and rear der to x9, and shifters are x0 grip. I dislike thumb shifters. Selle saddle.... I guess the fork will be next, cause it is really unstable and wobbly. However, i must say the shock absorbing abilty/performance of suspension forks has come quite a ways. My last experience was with a then top-of-the-line JudyXC. Brand spanking new and pricey in 1997!!!
    Last edited by ghettocop; 09-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.

mtbr member
    A couple of pics from holydays in MorzIne

not far from mozets

shatel`s dropzone

panoramIk

ooops! the wrong angle

Undercaffienated
    Quote Originally Posted by maxus View Post
    A couple of pics from holydays in MorzIne
    I was there in July. fantastic riding in this area! How did you like the Wolf Ridge there?

mtbr member
    It rides great, especially with DHX Air. I had RP23 HV before, so can compare them. DHX can hold larger DH-like sag (I rode about 1/3). Anyway I wont install the float back, will store it just as spare shock because for me 1 propedal position is enough, even in am trips.
    the only downside of the attack trail - it is short, I had to use 60 mm stem instead of 40-50 I like.

p.s. Hope to return there next year. With Quake ))

mtbr member
    So drops that big on the AT doesn't bottom it out I guess?

mtbr member
    Yes. At least I think - yes. You see, on the third day I broke my HV pump and had to ride with the pressure just a little lower that I wanted, with a kinda of DH-like sag. So I had only 1 or 2 bottoms...jumping over smaaal gutters.
    But I have never got any bottoms on drops and kickers (including the pictured ones), always had circa 3-4 mm of unused stroke. And 5-10 mm on the fork (extra-soft spring and 68 kg).

p.s. before installing I asked our local ditributer about DHX air on AT. He`d got an answer from Jason "fits and works fine."

mtbr member
    AT has a good midstroke support on low sag (compared with other AM rigs I had before - reign and Prophet).

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast