Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pics

mtbr member
    Still pretty good, although the logging has stuffed things up a bit lately (to be expected though). Not sure about the maps, been riding around up there on and off for the last 15 years or so, so me and my brother kind of know where most of the trails are.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

Undercaffienated
    Here is my XM8 with Fulcrum Red Metal 3s, WTB Weirwolf 2.5 front and 2.35 rear, 740 mm Gravity Light CSI bar, and KS i950 post.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-uploadfromtaptalk1356932822538.jpg  

Undercaffienated
    Stupid forum app wouldn't post pictures . Let's try again...

Pics-uploadfromtaptalk1356933763682.jpg

mtbr member
    Looking good hmorsi! Another question though, what is the front chain guide you are running? It looks like a XCX or similar. How well do it go with out a bashguard etc? Thinking of going 1x10, but not sure how much protection I'm likely to need.

Undercaffienated
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Looking good hmorsi! Another question though, what is the front chain guide you are running? It looks like a XCX or similar. How well do it go with out a bashguard etc? Thinking of going 1x10, but not sure how much protection I'm likely to need.
    Thanks! Yes that's an XCX chainguide. Currently running 1x9 and never dropped the chain (and I ride fairly aggressively),but i don't see a need for a bashguard with the increased clearance of running the single ring. Once I wear out my current drivetrain i am switching to 1x10 with a clutch derailleur.

Edit : don't take my word for it but I don't think that XCX is compatible with a bashguard. They make another one with a taco and bottom roller guide, though.

Last edited by hmorsi; 01-01-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Undercaffienated
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Here's a more recent pic of my bike with it's latest "riding necessities" (man I love that term, lets me get away with buying almost anything for the bike).
    Changes from original picture/spec - Rockshox Reverb seatpost, Rockshox Revelation fork, Shimano SLX m666 brakes with XT rotors.
    Care to share your settings on the Revelation? I found the 'recommend' settings WAY off. Running much lower pressures than recommend to get anywhere near full travel on the bigger hits. Liking the fork in general, though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm 70kgs and I think I ran about 70 psi on my 2011 RLti dual air. Still blew through it's travel but got too harsh on sharp edge hits above that. Any lower and it held up then suddenly wallowed. Hopefully the later solo air are more progressive?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorsi View Post
    Care to share your settings on the Revelation? I found the 'recommend' settings WAY off. Running much lower pressures than recommend to get anywhere near full travel on the bigger hits. Liking the fork in general, though.
    I have the RCT3 damper in my Revelation, so has the 3 position lever with the seperate LSC dial as opposed to the older floodgate dial.
    I have the positive at 80 psi/ neg 70 psi. When I have the fork set to open I have the LSC at about 6-7 clicks, when I have it in threshold I tend to run about 3 clicks of LSC. Very rarely run in lockout mode, even when on the road. I weigh about 63kg, and these settings seem to work quite well for most of the trail based riding I do. Fork seems plenty plush, even with the neg air being -10psi below positive. seem to use most (90%) on most rides, so have a little in reserve for any major bumps.

Undercaffienated
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    I'm 70kgs and I think I ran about 70 psi on my 2011 RLti dual air. Still blew through it's travel but got too harsh on sharp edge hits above that. Any lower and it held up then suddenly wallowed. Hopefully the later solo air are more progressive?
    The dual air can be plenty linear without too much brake dive or harsh bottom outs, just not at the pressures Rockshox reccomends, which are way too progressive for my liking . I am 75 kg with a full hydration pack and riding gear and right now have 70 and 75 psi in +ve and -ve chambers, respectively. That's between 30 and 50 psi lower than what Rockshox recommends l should be running.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Same for all the forks I ride. Maybe it's a legal obligation in case someone bottoms and goes OTP and sues them.

Sounds like we all ride similar pressures so we can't be all wrong?

Undercaffienated
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Same for all the forks I ride. Maybe it's a legal obligation in case someone bottoms and goes OTP and sues them.

Sounds like we all ride similar pressures so we can't be all wrong?
    I guess so!

Just took apart the fork to service it and discovered the compression damper oil has been 35ml than it should be No wonder the compression adjuster was not fully locking out the fork when turned all the way to the right (and first few clicks of compression adjustment were doing nothing discernible). I think some oil might have escaped to the lowers, increasing the oil volume there and making the fork more progressive than it should (?) I now have full lockout back and running same air pressure but with 2 clicks compression and it definitely feels better. Need to trail test properly next weekend.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Low oil level don't do much for performance does it.

With the older black box Mot control , the compression knob had no effect until the last 4 clicks. When you have it apart it's obvious why. It's a pretty crude system but it seems to work.Unfortunately it increases high and low speed compression so I just leave it fully open.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I picked up a 2013 Rift Zone XC8 just after christmas, and it is much nicer than I had ever imagined. This is my first 29er (I'm 5'6", so the wheel size wasn't an obvious choice), and I specifically picked the Marin after nerding out on suspension theory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics-riftzone.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have both for a while now but i'm always on time to post their pics so here it goes.

Pics-dsc05661a.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2012 Marin Mount Vision XM8

Pics-photo-8-.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hi_oteck View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (8).jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	786169
    Nice bike. I'm assuming that given the swing tags and reflectors that you have only just purchased it?
    All you need to do now is get it dirty!

mtbr member
    Just finished building my Team Scandium.

Pics-marin_1.jpgPics-marin_2.jpgPics-marin_3.jpgPics-marin_4.jpg

Pretty much SLX all the way around. Just got the Cole Aries 920 wheels and will be putting them on the trail this weekend, if it doesn't rain here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

2012 East Peak 5.5

Pics-imag0146.jpg

Here's a quick one of my 2012 East Peak 5.5 that I just finished putting together.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hi_oteck View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (8).jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	786169
    How do you like this frame? I am deciding between one of these or a Giant Reign....
    Seeing how I can get a 2012 for about half what a new Reign will cost me I wanted to see how they compare, unfortunately no local dealers in my area.

Papa T

New Trail Ninja

Pics-wp_002235.jpg
    Just got this frame, Mt. Vision XM Pro, 2 weeks ago as a warranty replacement for a 2010 Attack Trail. I was skeptical of the frame design change when Marin went away from the swingarm style. Let me say, that I was completely wrong. I think this design provides a great ride. In fact it is the best riding Marin I have had; this is my 3rd Marin frame. It feels light and way more nimble than my Attack Trail was. I have not had a chance to weigh it, but feels about 2 lbs lighter than the AT which was 33.6 lbs for a large. This XM is an XL and fits me like a glove. Just waiting for some DOT 5.1 brake fluid so I can update the rear brake hose and route it like the factory would.

Shout out to PedalShop for helping with the warranty claim, took about 5 months for several reasons, but well worth the wait.
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

enjoying the scenery
    Pics-5b937d6d-4eb2-4321-a2cd-bc95f23d7d55-7592-00000c79008ef9ff.jpg
    1997 Bear Valley SE
    Mixed Terrain adventure bike
    2010 Niner EMD9
    2005 RM ETSX-50
    2002 Trek 8500
    1997 Marin Bear Valley
    1993 Miyata Elevation 2000

mtbr member
    ^^^ Cool bike man!

My girl likes to get dirty.
    Pics-img_20130527_183817-1-.jpg
    Pics-img_20130510_155747.jpg
    She is getting new XTR brakes with XT wheels put on. Brand new Nobby Nics are in the mail. I also put on a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost and Answer Carbon Bars. Updated pictures are coming.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Pics-imag0180.jpg
    Pics-imag0181.jpg

I did a few more upgrades to my 2012 East Peak 5.5. So far it has:
    Fox Float 32 RL
    XT/Mavic XC 717 wheels
    XT cassette
    XT rear derailleur
    XTR shifters
    Ergon GS-1 grips
    FSA 20mm offset seatpost

Brakes are probably next. I'm debating XT or Hayes Prime Pro. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suburbicide View Post

Brakes are probably next. I'm debating XT or Hayes Prime Pro. Any thoughts?
    Nice build. I dont have any experience with the Primes but I can say that my XTR brakes are fantastic. set and forget.

mtbr member
    Here is the finished build. XT wheelset, XTR Brakes, Nobby Nic Evo 2.25 set up tubless, Masterpiece Seatpost, Answer Carbon bars. Got in a good ride yesterday and it felt amazing. What a fun bike.
    Pics-img_20130601_165903.jpg
    Pics-img_20130601_165932.jpg
    Pics-img_20130601_165953.jpg
    Pics-img_20130601_165958.jpg
    Riding Partner
    Pics-img_20130601_153840.jpg

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast