Undercaffienated

New 650B Mount Vision at Sea Otter 2013

Picture source

I have sworn off even looking at another Marin after the ditched the Quad Link II, but I just saw this and thought it doesn't look half bad!

The graphics look like they were inspired by someone's grandmother's kitchen table cloth, but other than that I think I like it.

What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Time goes by and things change weather we want it to or not. If the bikes did not have their badges / graphics, it would be hard to tell some from another.
    I like the 27.5 / 650b effort but not ready to make a change. I will wait to see where it goes.
    Still rock-in my Quad2 for all my xc and endurance rides. Every time I ride I say the same thing when I get home, Dam that was a good ride!
    Last edited by card; 04-19-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Undercaffienated
    Apparently the graphics are just temporary stickers that are yet to be finalized. And here is more information on the new Attack Trail (which looks sweet!) and Rocky Ridge hardtail.

First Look: Three Prototypes From Marin Cycles - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Not sure on the looks yet....still loving my Quad 2.0 :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    And note that the new MV doesn't have a quad link anymore. Only the Attack Trail has a quad link.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The linkages look the same to me - how can you tell?

Also, does this big redesign explain why Marin has such a limited lineup this year and dumped a huge amount of unsold 2012 inventory?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Well the difference is in the text of Pinkbike. I'm not saying that it isn't a good thing.

And for the 2012 and 2013 line ups...i didn't like them. Even if i have to get used to the 2014 line up it looks better than '12 and '13.

mtbr member
    Looking at the pics of the MV, it looks like the lower bottom bracket link has been dispensed with, so it just has a pivot there. What really intrigues me is the fact that the seat stays are designed to flex to allow the shock to actuate, no pivots on the seat stays at all!
    As others have mentioned, the looks are a definite improvement, they don't look so anorexic with the new frames.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Looking at the pics of the MV, it looks like the lower bottom bracket link has been dispensed with, so it just has a pivot there. What really intrigues me is the fact that the seat stays are designed to flex to allow the shock to actuate, no pivots on the seat stays at all!
    As others have mentioned, the looks are a definite improvement, they don't look so anorexic with the new frames.
    The flexing stays are similar to what Salsa does with the Spearfish and Horsethief. makes for a lower weight rear. Hopefully they have their metal tolerances nailed.