mtbr member

My Attack Trail and Marin's customer service...

This one really deserves a separate post.

So about a month ago, I built my AT trail up, and noticed it was riding, well, crappy.

I got an email from Jason at Marin after he looked at the pics I had posted of my new rig. He looked at the pictures, and pointed out that I was running the wrong shock, which indeed I was. I had taken the shock off my MV and put it on there, not realizing that the shock was too short for the bike.

So Jason advised me which shock to get, a custom tuned Fox Float that is tuned specifically for the AT.

Well, the shock arrived the other day, and I spent the better part of yesterday riding and testing the shock, and all I can say is WOW! The bike feels amazing! For the first time, I have a full suspension that really feels like a full suspension.

Now I have a bike that I love, and will ride for quite a long time, and it's all thanks to Jason at Marin.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Good to hear.

What are the details of the shock? Is it 2.0 or 2.25 stroke? Is it directly from Marin, or can these specs be given to a shock tuner?

mtbr member
    2.25. The specs came from Marin, and I think they are more or less factory settings, but the trick is knowing which settings to ask for. Boost valve XV, 175 psi, medium rebound, medium tune. Works great.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Pulpwoody good to hear about your good experince with the CS. I have had nothing but good experiences when dealing with Marin.

I got my new Mount Vision frame (warranty) in last week and had to swap my RP23 over to the new frame...HOLY CRAP! what a PIA! I gotta say though the new frame is sweet. Mother's day is putting a damper on getting a ride in on the new frame though.

mtbr member
    Yes, the shock install on these bikes is quite a chore for sure. Plenty of cursing going on with that one. Hopefully this one lasts more than a year.