mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Mount Vision Owners - Rear Shock Psi ?

Mount Vision owners- can you please let me know what PSI you are running in your rear shock in relation to your body weight? You can either let me know as a percentage (like 80% of body weight) or you can let me know your rididng body weight and the PSI you are running in the shock.

I am thinking of buying an 09 and I am just doing a little research and just wondering

Thanks in advance!

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbike
    Mount Vision owners- can you please let me know what PSI you are running in your rear shock in relation to your body weight? You can either let me know as a percentage (like 80% of body weight) or you can let me know your rididng body weight and the PSI you are running in the shock.

I am thinking of buying an 09 and I am just doing a little research and just wondering

Thanks in advance!
    This is from the perspective of a 2009 MV 5.7 with the Fox RP2. The rear is close to 1:1 body weight to PSI ratio. That should get you in the ballpark of the recommended sag and you can measure from there.
    "This is my favorite section...watch your step..."

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm 195 lbs and run mine between 170 and 180 psi. I have the 2009 5.8 with the extra volume canister rp23. It's really plush in that range and I've never had a problem bottoming out or anything. It works perfect for the kind of riding I do which is long trail rides.

mtbr member
    Like everyone has mentioned it's supposed to be 1psi per pound. But I run it a few psi lower than my body weight like barbakos does. I'm 165 and run it at 155psi.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Yeah, 195-ish lbs here with 185-ish PSI in the shock. Seems to work well.

I seem to recall someone mentioned .95 of body weight gets you very close on the MV and I think that's pretty much where I am at.

I could not find where I read or heard about that factor, and there's another one for the fork that worked out well for me too but I cnanot recall what it was...maybe 40%. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    "This is my favorite section...watch your step..."

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I weigh 175 and keep the shock in between 150-170
    2009 Marin Mount Vision 5.7....a great everything bike...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    2009 Mt vision 5.8 with RP3. 160lbs and 145 to 150 psi. Fox F120 50 psi. Keep it nice and active.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    2008 MV, 190 lbs (+/-85kg) and 170/175 psi!