mtbr member

Marin Quake Suspension

Well, I know this forum is pretty empty usually but I'll post this here anyway. My 09 Quake 7.8 is a fun bike, but the rear end has always felt stiff and sloppy. I get the right sag but the Marzocchi TST coil just sucks. The bike feels too progressive in its travel, especially in comparison to the '10's I played with at sea otter. maybe its the extra 10mm of travel and slightly linear suspension design but Im gonna try out the Vivid 5.1 with the soft bottom out bumper to try and make that last inch of travel useable. Anyone else try something similar on their Quakes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQOSE
    Well, I know this forum is pretty empty usually but I'll post this here anyway. My 09 Quake 7.8 is a fun bike, but the rear end has always felt stiff and sloppy. I get the right sag but the Marzocchi TST coil just sucks. The bike feels too progressive in its travel, especially in comparison to the '10's I played with at sea otter. maybe its the extra 10mm of travel and slightly linear suspension design but Im gonna try out the Vivid 5.1 with the soft bottom out bumper to try and make that last inch of travel useable. Anyone else try something similar on their Quakes?

The Quakes we have set up all feel fantastic -- doesn't matter what shock it has on it.

maybe it's the actual shock?
    TST's don't have the best report card sometimes.

we put a Vivid on a Quake before -- nice rear shock.
    I like the DHX the best.

did you mess with it more since posting this note?
    PM me... l can walk you through the fine tuning
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...