mtbr member

Marin Quad-link and Whyte 46 guys... have you seen this?

It's a bearing kit for Fox shocks. Basically a headset on its side, designed to reduce stiction and help with small bump efficiency. Aparently it's been out in the UK for a year now, and I emailed ATB sales to see if I can get my hands on a set. I think this can cure the chronic rattling I've been having with my Rift Zone.

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...98948328869336

http://www.whytebikes.com/whyte/news...enuSubCat=news

Has anyone used this kit??

something
    Mar 2004
    Never seen this before, looks like a great upgrade for us Marin quad link owners. Please let us know if they are avaliable.
    "POLICE STATION TOILET STOLEN ... Cops have nothing to go on."

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dub
    Never seen this before, looks like a great upgrade for us Marin quad link owners. Please let us know if they are avaliable.
    Looks like they might not b for your rift zone. At least the links are for the tara bikes, not the xc bikes...I checked because I've got a Quad XC frame too.
    Looking HARD at the '06 Attack Trail though...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    Looks like they might not b for your rift zone. At least the links are for the tara bikes, not the xc bikes...I checked because I've got a Quad XC frame too.
    Looking HARD at the '06 Attack Trail though...
    The H-links only work with TARA frames, but the shock bearing kit will work with all Quad-links. I found a dealer in the UK who was willing to ship to kit into the states.

Price is $50 shipped. I'll post pics when it arrives.

something
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the results.
    "POLICE STATION TOILET STOLEN ... Cops have nothing to go on."

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Well the kit finally arrived from the UK. Here's some pics for you guys.

Here's the package. The bearings are guaranteed for life.

I'm impressed with the quality of the bearings.

You'll need to remove the Glacial Bearing (DU) before popping the bearings in place. They snap right in. Note: the kit only includes bearings for the bottom of the shock. The bottom is really the one that pivots anyway.

Another shot of the completed assembly. I'm impressed with the quality of the kit, and since I never have to replace that bushing again, it will eventually pay for itself.

No ride reports as of yet, but stay tuned.
    Last edited by wrinklefree; 02-05-2007 at 07:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

where?

Im thinking of getting an Attack Trail. do you have the shops name and or number where I can get this?

mtbr member
    May 2004

me likey

Quote Originally Posted by lawndart
    Im thinking of getting an Attack Trail. do you have the shops name and or number where I can get this?
    I just got my Attack Trail (04) - and love it.
    I too am interested in this part - please let us know where to find it! Looks like it has to be ordered from Britain, as when I called the Marin factory in Cali, they thought I was talking about the alpine link, even after I specified that I was not.
    I will have to get some pics of my bike up soon- I got it for a song on ebay (there is appartenly little to no demand for these bikes in the states, which doesnt bother me!) Keep your eye there and search the classifieds here, I know there was one in december.

mtbr member

Smile read a little slower:)

Quote Originally Posted by lawndart

It was in the first .............I was totally wrong. DOHH!! Too early for me
    Last edited by noslogan; 01-04-2006 at 06:23 AM. Reason: ahh

mtbr member

Whyte contact

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    I just got my Attack Trail (04) - and love it.
    I too am interested in this part - please let us know where to find it! Looks like it has to be ordered from Britain, as when I called the Marin factory in Cali, they thought I was talking about the alpine link, even after I specified that I was not.
    I will have to get some pics of my bike up soon- I got it for a song on ebay (there is appartenly little to no demand for these bikes in the states, which doesnt bother me!) Keep your eye there and search the classifieds here, I know there was one in december.
    It was in there. here it is http://www.whytebikes.com/whyte/cont...ubCat=contacts

mtbr member
    Hey guys,

I ordered the bushing kit from York Cycleworks in the UK. Here's the web site. http://www.yorkcycleworks.com/

The total came to about $50 with shipping, and arrived in less than 2 weeks.

I've been running them for a few months now and love it. Plus is looks damn good.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinklefree
    Hey guys,

I ordered the bushing kit from York Cycleworks in the UK. Here's the web site. http://www.yorkcycleworks.com/

The total came to about $50 with shipping, and arrived in less than 2 weeks.

I've been running them for a few months now and love it. Plus is looks damn good.

Very nice - I cannot wait to get mine installed.
    What kind of lube is all over that shaft /axle for teh rear link mount? It seems thin like graphite, but cannot tell. Your guidance is appreciated!

mtbr member
    Sorry the Whyte 46 comes with this as standard
    well its on the 05 models and on my 06.

XC Andy
    Jan 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Having a hard time getting the right set of shock bearings

I purchased a Whyte shock bushing upgrade kit from York cycles and they sent me the wrong one. The box was labled wrong, I could understand the mistake. I wanted the kit for the single pivot Marin Mount Vision. They sent the kit for TARA bikes. I emailed them about the issues with photos and it takes them 3 days between emails to respond. The time difference makes it worse. They sent me the correct one and let me keep the wrong ones. The new kit is correct, but its missing the shield washers. I am glad its the winter becuase this just stinks. When and if I get the correct parts I will have a 2001 Marin Mt. Vision 17.5" with a new Whyte shock bushing upgrade kit for sale. I think the bike is awsome, but I have had enough of the lack of support and parts from Marin/Whyte/York. The single pivot design is great, but I am going to a Cannondale Scalpel, they are made in the USA, and a human picks up the phone evertime you call!!!!