mtbr member

Handermade in China

I saw this box outside tbe back door at an LBS in Burbank, CA and took a couple of shots.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handermade in China-handermadex.jpg  

Handermade in China-handermade.jpg  

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.

John F. Kennedy

Team Fearless Descender
    Ha! LOL!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yea, my '98 Mt Vision Pro says "Designed in the USA!". I wish they still made their own frames, but they'd probably be out of business if they went to that trouble in this day and age.

banned
    Apr 2010
    What's the point of even putting "California" on the logo? They make some seriously nice bikes. I've always been a fan of their hardtails, but cut the ********. It's made in China. Pass on the savings and be done with it.

mtbr member
    They are good workers but I always get rid of that china crap first thing my frame says Whyte design , I took the china sticker off and threw the box away .
    on a freeride

Im a Cowboy
    Dood...........If someone bought a made in america bike and took the sticker off just because they had some sort of anti-american thing, you'd call him an idiot

Its a great frame give the country that made it, the credit it deserves

P.S. ..the typo?.....you should see how funny some of the things translated from english to cantonese look to a chinaman
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

mtbr member
    I hear ya Crusty One but you gotta hate when someone says (nice bike where did you get it) O made in China Walmart?
    on a freeride

mtbr member
    who says that though?

If some dude actually said that to me about my Enduro SL (bike jealousy) I'd have to invite him to the bathroom for a swirly.

I've only ever had people just grin and say "nice bike, man." with that knowing glow in their eye. The club of people who own high end $1,000+ bicycles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    ha ha.... good work detective! the vast majority of bikes are manufactured in asia..... doesn't mean less quality just cheaper price for consumers. Be thankful

The dude who made it.
    As Larry the cable guy would say; "Now that's some funny sh*t right there"! LOL
    I finally made it. And when I'm not online, I ride a Marin Mount Vision 5.7 to the top of the world and back.