mtbr member
    Oct 2011

East Peak Standover?

Anybody got an East Peak in a Small? Marin's website does not spec standover for some crazy reason. I'm looking to get an East Peak for my wife who is 5'2" with 29" inseam. If anyone has one of these in a small, I'd appreciate a measurement of Standover. Thx.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have a small 2012 East Peak 5.5 that I got a couple weeks ago on eBay. It came with a Fox Float R rear shock instead of the website spec'd Manitou Radium Expert. Some rough measurements of mine are about 30.5" standover in roughly the center of the top tube. It slopes from about 34.5" at the head tube / top tube weld to about 28.5" at the seat tube / top tube weld. It slopes more steeply toward the center and flattens out towards the seat tube.

I haven't dialed in the rear shock sag yet and the measurements were just rough eyeballed with a yardstick, so take with a grain of salt, but it should get you close.

I'm 5'8" with a roughly 30" inseam and the normal standover for me is on the tight side over the center of the top tube.

I've only ridden it a couple blocks after putting it together, but the rest of the layout feels like it fits me okay so far.