mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Did I Get a Good Deal?

I have been looking for a bike for my wife for some time and came across this gently used 2007 Marin Mount Vision Pro. The parts list is as follows:

Frame: Medium Mount Vision Pro
    Fork: Fox Float 32
    Shock: Fox RP23
    Shifters: XT
    Brakes: 2012 SLX (3 months old)
    Cranks: XT
    Front Derailleur: XT
    Rear Derailleur: XTR
    Wheels: Mavic 317
    Handlebar: Easton Monkey Lite Aluminum

My wife isn't a real big mountain biker so I figured this would be plenty of bike for her. I spent $700 shipped to my door which I felt was a fair price. I read a bunch of reviews on this bike and they all seemed to be glowing but I figured I would ask the forum members who have experience with the bike. Here are some pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I Get a Good Deal?-photo-2-.jpg  

Did I Get a Good Deal?-photo-4-.jpg  

Did I Get a Good Deal?-photo-3-.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Your deal is not bad at all. Hope though that you don't store this beautiful bike between garbage

btw, it deserves better pics!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Those are some of the pics the seller sent me. When UPS delivers it I will take some proper pics and repost. The wife is going out of town to see her parents so while she is gone I will take it out and put it through its paces. To be honest, I'm more excited about it than she is but once she has a chance to ride it I think that will change.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    She'll never need to update nor upgrade...great savings indeed. She'll find it a bit sexy too.
    Well, upgrade to 650b rim size would make life easier in tech sections...a lot easier.
    '10 Marin MountVision 650b conversion

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I got the bike on Tuesday and got her all built up that night. I couldn't be happier. Work has been crazy all week so I haven't taken it on the trails yet. My wife is pretty excited now that she has seen and ridden it around the neighborhood. To my surprise the wheels are laced to White Industry hubs. Proper pics coming once I get it out on some trails.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Sweet deal for a bike that should last her for years.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Impressed!

So it took me a little longer than I thought it would to actually get out on the bike and get things set up properly for my wife. As luck would have it my wife and I are the same height so riding the bike has been a real eye opener. I ended up making two changes to the bike. The first was the Joplin seatpost that I bought off of Craigslist for a really good deal. I figured the adjustable seatpost would make the bike that much safer and fun for my wife. The second were some ODI Troy Lee Design lockon grips. The original grips were shot. Overall I think the bike is awesome! It's a very capable and fun bike that my wife will enjoy for a very long time. Here are a few shots from yesterdays ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I Get a Good Deal?-imag0136.jpg  

Did I Get a Good Deal?-imag0137.jpg  

Did I Get a Good Deal?-imag0138.jpg  

Did I Get a Good Deal?-imag0139.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great looking bike! And that's cool your wife rides with you...I've yet to meet a girl who rides. (well MTB's anyway, haha)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Great looking bike! And that's cool your wife rides with you...I've yet to meet a girl who rides. (well MTB's anyway, haha)
    Thanks Stuntman. I think the new bike is getting her excited to ride more. She isn't a real big mountain biker but the new bike excitement is definitely adding fuel to the fire. We have small children so it's a little more difficult for us to get out together. It will be awesome when eventually we can ride together as a family.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nice deal! looks like it was used lightly. I don't see any paint damage. How much does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by triglyceride View Post
    Nice deal! looks like it was used lightly. I don't see any paint damage. How much does it weigh?
    Thanks trigIyceride. I weighed it at my LBS with heavy platform pedals and no dropper post and it was right at 29 lbs. With the dropper post and egg beater pedals it is probably around and 29.5 to 30 lbs. I've ridden it quite a few times while I have been waiting for my Tallboy LTc to arrive (which it has. waiting on parts to show up today and tomorrow) and have been extremely impressed. It seems to me that the bike was used very little as there is virtually no cable rub anywhere. The fact that it is anodized also helps. Cheers

Undercaffienated
    Until about three weeks ago I owned a 2009 Mount Vision 5.8, which I was sad to sell (but only to get a 2011 Mount Vision XM8). It was one of the best trail bikes I have ever owned/ridden. Very well built frame, bearings with a 10-year warranty, excellent tire clearance, balanced geometry, great anodized finish, neat cable routing, and extremely versatile.